Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have booked my test drive for this Saturday morning. Will let you all know my thoughts and impression (I currently drive a GranSport).

I am seriously thinking about putting an order in for the GT S, so I wanted to get a feel for the GT as it stands to get an idea of what it's like. Anyway, the dealer is not yet able to put through orders for the S, so got to find something to do in the meantime ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I test drove it yesterday and no big surprises for me: Very nice car, excellent build quality, better road behaviour than my QP, more nimble but could use some more power and most important the automatic gearbox kills most of the fun for me. Also too much road noise (compared to my double glazing QP) and too little engine/exhaust music inside (especially compared to my QP Tubi). Other negatives: no bluetooth (one has to buy the expensive phone system), easy entry is an expensive option, tiny boot for a car this big and no sunscreen availeble for the rear window....

The GTS will address my major worry the gearbox. Added extra's are power, looks, exhaust sound, brakes. I am thinking of placing an order the only thing holding me back is if I should wait for the convertible....if it would be a hardtop (a la SL) with this new gearbox I would wait but that is not known yet..... 1st units of the GT-S are supposed to arrive in july....

·
Registered
278 Posts
not sure you call it that way in english but it makes the front seats move forward to make it easier to enter the back seats. Surely in the US it is standard...

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the "easy entry" was standard with the GS. Hopefully, it'll be so with the GT S too.

I hate paying for options!

·
Registered
31 Posts
'easy entry' will move the driver's seat back and raise the steering wheel to accomodate easier entry and exit for the driver.

GT Convertible will be soft-top....

·
Registered
278 Posts
it will be 4 seat

unholy are you sure it will be soft-top???? That is the only info missing for me to wiat for the convirtible or go for the GT-S. Are your sources trustworthy? Thanks a lot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts