Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with chickencurry. It seems odd that they don't offer a sunroof/moonroof. The short/curved roof probably would not allow for the sunroof to slide inside the roof, but of course coupes from other brands have found other solutions.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I agree with chickencurry. It seems odd that they don't offer a sunroof/moonroof. The short/curved roof probably would not allow for the sunroof to slide inside the roof, but of course coupes from other brands have found other solutions.
sunroof/moonroof reduces torsional rigidity, have you seen it on lambo, ferrari, porsche...pagani?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No food inside a car like that:)
My 997C2s has a sunroof (just a hole, no glass).
Its not a big thing, sometimes a moonroof is enjoyable though. This is a GT car after all, not hard sports.
A point of difference to the QP I suppose.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I too would love to have a sunroof or perhaps even a glass fixed roof option which I believe is what the Jag F type coupe has. I don't think it's feasible with this car, the Aston vantage, or again jaguar coupe because of the size, shape, contour of the roof lines. The 911 can probably get away with it because of the overall size and shape difference. It is a question I've wondered about before and can't imagine why it wouldn't be an option if it was an easy feature to install.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,481 Posts
Just get a convertible.....

20160716_125741a.jpg

......problem solved. :smile2:

·
Registered
692 Posts
wow, 10 year necrothread bump. but yes, get a convertible. amusingly, the convertible didn't exist when this thread started.

and, I may be biased, but the GT convertible is one of the best in the way of continuing to look as good as the coupe, if not better...

·
Registered
481 Posts
I love convertibles and have had many from Porsche, BMW, MB etc. in fact the first Mas I looked at buying was a Cab. But the trunk space is way more limited in the Mas with a convert. In fact, I couldn't fit my standard rolling suitcase and my other bag which are necessary for my longer international trips etc. The size and shape just wouldn't work at all for me especially as a daily driver. The coupes trunk is much more functional for me. And lastly, the lines of the car just aren't as pretty in my opinion in the cab. Yes, it's still a gorgeous ride and not that much different of course, but in my humble opinion the curves and overall flowing beauty of the shape is altered a tad with the cab. Not to mention the additional 200 pounds of weight and eventual maintenance costs associated with converts too.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,572 Posts
No convertibles offer the practicality of a coupe, but that's in any given brand, not just Maserati . However, in the majority of cases ( IMO ) they do tend to enhance the lines / aesthetics of the particular model . And this statement is from someone who has never, or will never own a convertible , lol ; I simply don't like them for multiple reasons , but I can't possibly argue with the beauty element ...

·
Registered
481 Posts
No convertibles offer the practicality of a coupe, but that's in any given brand, not just Maserati . However, in the majority of cases ( IMO ) they do tend to enhance the lines / aesthetics of the particular model . And this statement is from someone who has never, or will never own a convertible , lol ; I simply don't like them for multiple reasons , but I can't possibly argue with the beauty element ...
i should have also been more specific, I think they look equally terrific and stunning top down, I just prefer the looks of the coupe when side by side, especially when the top of the cab is up. Both are beautiful, just a little different imo.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Funny how people are polarized on Convertibles, myself included. Personally I’m very “pro”, through Jaguar XJS, Lotus Elise, DB9 Volante, Maz and new even my new/old E-Type. I will always have one.

Particularly with the Maz, the valved exhaust is so much more…just so much more awesome! If you think it’s good with the Coupe, seriously try to experience it sans roof, it’s 100x better.

Honestly I only ever put the top up to wash it, I’d rather drive another car if it’s raining or too cold. That said though, it’s very high quality top, and when it’s up it feels like a contiguous part of the car, it doesn’t feel like “a convertible with the top up” at all.

It’s also a pleasingly interactive experience not always the case with exotics; people stop and talk to you all the time, particularly at stop lights.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts