Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, went to the dealer earlier this evening and sat in the new GranTurismo S :cool:

Fired it up and revved it a bit and it was mindblowing. Simply the best sound I've ever heard on a car.

Simple as that. Try it yourself, you'll be mesmerised.

Oh gosh, I love that car!!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Although I've only seen videos, I have to agree. Its amazing how sound alone raises the bar that much, but it does. The Granturismo S seems very, very close to the Alfa 8C sound wise.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had seen the videos too so I was mentally prepared for what was going to happen but the second I turned on the car (with the key, there is no "start" button - thankfully), I literally jumped!

:D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Answering the many surveys I've recieved from Maserati over the years, I've always asked for a more aggressive exhaust and boy did they deliver. It may be time for me to give them thanks with a check. Still holding out for a test drive though, looking forward to the suspension changes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
what's this i hear that the convertible granturismo is going to have the 4.7L GT-S engine and will be a hardtop convertible? also it's coming out in MArch 2009?

May have to trade in my current GT next year.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My sources say it'll be a ragtop. Not sure about the GT S 4.7l engine but I suspect they'll offer it with both 4.2 and 4.7l engines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts