1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
damn....I never get tired of that sound. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have to get myself one of those.................

·
Registered
349 Posts
Great stuff, probably one of the best I've seen, or should I say heard!!! I'm glad you made that run in between the warehouses, just brutal. As far as sound goes, the current batch of Ferraris might have to take a back seat to the "S".

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sounds almost exactly like my QP with the Larini x-pipe and Tubi mufflers...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds almost exactly like my QP with the Larini x-pipe and Tubi mufflers...
Do you have a video \ audio clip of that somewhere?

Also we have a couple of owners that put Tubi on their GT's, one of which I drove back to back with the GT-S, and while the Tubi sounds good, its got quite a bit more drone at cruising revs, less rasp north of 4500rpm, and a lot less burbles and pops on the overrun.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Very nice. I was VERY disappointed when I realized that the GT was automatic only... nice to see the paddles on the GTS, and the sound is amazing.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Mark,

I just got the x-pipe installed when the car was in the shop for a pilot bearing issue. Don't have a audio of the car yet. Will look into...

The car does burp and gurgle a lot more now with the x-pipe than with just the Tubi alone (I have had the Tubi on since I bought the car). Honestly. Sounda just like the video clip on the GT-S. Pretty damned tough but not an too annoying or loud. I would expect the Larini rear boxes to put the sound of my car (with the x-pipe) into the annoyingly loud category (for my taste anyway).

·
Registered
349 Posts
The "S" exhaust is one of the few stock exhausts out there that doesn't need an aftermarket. Its like putting an aftermarket exhaust on a Challenge Stradale, that never made sense to me.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Now that I've listened to it another time (actually about 6 times!!) its sort of a throwback to the way the older Ferraris and Maseratis sounded like in the 50's and 60's.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
My car sounds a lot like that. The difference is, he can turn it down when needed...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts