Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend, I went on a 30 minute test drive. Here's some thoughts:

Engine: A noticeable bump up from the base granturismo. this was important for me, as i think the base is quite slow and heavy. more available torque across the whole rev band, and throttle seems much more responsive. it's definitely fun. while fast, i was still hoping for a little more power.

Transmission: It shifts very smooth. Very impressed.

Seats: This worries me. There doesn't seem to be much side bolster support for when going around curves hard. I could get over this, but what really bothered me was how hard the seat backs were. They were full leather seats and I'm not sure if the alcantera will make a difference, as the seat itself would be the same, only difference would be the outer cover. anyway, i did not think it was that comfortable. would love to hear from others after they spend some time in their new cars.

Styling: We've all seen the pictures. It is absolutely beautiful. The fit and finish inside is very nice, much higher quality than past masers. For those ordering Alutex, i suggest you try to see it live. It's very different and i'm sure will evoke strong opinions, for and against. i personally don't like it. I think the ugly 4.7 badge on the back can probably just come off. Who wants to try?

Exhaust: Sounds incredible. It's amazing how quiet the car can be when 'sport' mode is not engaged.

Skyhook: This car did not have skyhook and I don't think it's needed and am not ordering it on mine. Ride was not too stiff, felt just right. And if you're going to be driving in 'sport' mode, skyhook would be in it's stiffer setting anyway.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My gut tells me the alcantara if anything will hold you in your seat more, but I talked to my son who used to own an Audi S4 with alcantara inserts and he said its better than leather as far a grip, but won't replace a good side bolster.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My gut tells me the alcantara if anything will hold you in your seat more, but I talked to my son who used to own an Audi S4 with alcantara inserts and he said its better than leather as far a grip, but won't replace a good side bolster.
fair point, but my biggest concern is that the seat back is just too hard. maybe one gets use to it, but it does worry me.

·
Registered
349 Posts
fair point, but my biggest concern is that the seat back is just too hard. maybe one gets use to it, but it does worry me.
I can't imagine the seat back being softer whether its leather or alcantara, I would assume the same padding is used. By the way, you're not the only one that have said this, I remember reading magazine reviews that said the same thing. I guess it may be more of a factor on long trips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
X2 I have them in my car, I slide all over the place on track days. No sub for good bolstering!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.