Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.....newbie alert :cool:

Just wondering if anyone can give me their thoughts on the position and comfort of the Granturismo seats - specifically the Granturismo-S.

The reason I ask is that I'm considering trading in my Merc CLK550 for a Granturismo-S . I've done my research and read every review I can find and there seems to be a bit of a pattern emerging. Many of the reviewers felt the seats were hard/uncomfortable and too high.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia and I can go in and sit in a regular Granturismo (which I'll do shortly) but I understand the seats in the "S" are a bit different.

Any opinions appreciated. I'm a 6-footer with a bad back and an uncomfortable seat would be a sure deal breaker. Hard to believe a $300k+ car (yes we pay double down here :mad: ) could have crappy seats but you never know! I'm betting I'll be put in the position of ordering one based on a regular Granturismo test drive or waiting until they get a demo in which could take ages = delay my order ages.

Cheers,

Ed

·
Registered
402 Posts
i have a CLS currently for a Merc compare.

i test drove the GT and the seats were defintely firm, but i would not say uncomfortable.

i only sat in the GT S, non-Alcantara. the seats are different, but still firm. ive opted for the alcantara on my order. the dealer and i feel they will be softer than the standard leather. ill be taking a GT S test drive in early august, so ill have to wait until then...hopefully it will have alcantara.

hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I've never driven a Merc so can't say how it'd compare, but I've had two test drives on the GT and the seats were great. Firm yet comfortable.

Then again, my GranSport's seats are sport seats so anything would feel more comfy ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was one of the people who thought the seats were a bit hard but it doesnt bother me that much because I don't take long car rides. Coming from a Merc CL, the Granturismo's seats were less comfortable. I think alcantara will be softer but I don't think the standard seats would be a problem unless you spend 3 + hours everyday in your car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks hwai333 - I don't intend spending 3 hrs a day in it , but on the other hand I wouldn't mind doing the occassional weekend drive in it approaching that sort of time. There's a few cars I haven't been able to do that with in the past with the bad back etc.....the CLK is certainly comfortable enough. It's hard to see the point of a high priced GT (even a sporty GT) that you can't sit in comfortably for a few hours of "grand touring".

Thanks for your input - I'll try and get a test in a Granturismo with alcantara if I can.

Ed

·
Registered
181 Posts
Been driving a GT for 3 months. Yes, the seats are hard. But, I've never had any other car seat fit me as perfectly as the GT. I'm also 6 feet with a bad back, and I love the fact that the seat is high because it allows me to plant my butt into the corner of the seat while pressing my lower back against the seat completely. In all other cars I have to basically do the "gangsta" lean such that my lower back isn't pressing against anything, which kills my back if I drive for an hour or more. At the end of the day, the only way you'll know is sitting in the GT yourself. GTS interior looks like it's exactly the same except for the alcantera option, which may make your body stick to the seat more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i find the seats in my gt a little uncomfortable when compared to my prev QP however i have no back issues and don't take many long drives so bottom line is that its not an issue for me. excuse my ignorance here as not sure if this is std or even available on the "S" model but i have comfort pack seats and the electrically inflating bolster to support my lower back which might help your concenrs if you can order (or is std)

Stuart

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks to you also GTKorea and skcam.

As far as I can tell (from using the Configurator) the comfort pack on the Granturismo-S is basically just heated seats and seat position memory.

No mention of inflatable side and lumbar support in the Standard Equipment list (as for my CLK) , although that doesn't mean it's not there. The list doesn't even mention electrically adjusted seats which there obviously is.

Cheers.

Ed

·
Registered
96 Posts
The GTS seats are the same as the standard car. The only real difference is the stitch pattern on the inset panels. There shouldn't be a whole lot of difference in feel between the leather and alcantara options as it's the padding underneath that determines the firmness and I'd guess both options use the same foam.

·
Registered
181 Posts
in korea they pretty much fully load the car and offer it at a ridiculous price. probably the same in australia, no? however, i don't have a lumbar adjust button. don't think there is an option period. i don't need it anyways, the seat fits perfectly. back seats are surprisingly comfy as well (except the headroom, which is expected given the car's body shape). i even fit 6 people in my GT before. granted, 4 were my wife and her 3 skinny ass friends.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts