Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,740 Posts
Before I start on the results of my latest research...
Cheers,

Ed
hello ed, i would say for you, if you are so unsure about the GT-S, go for an DB9 instead.
for the money you are paying in australia, i would have your concerns, especially if you are used to Lexus or MB. unfortunately italian cars are not famous for their reliability.

seems like 360C has quite a few issues with his GT, but i see that both of you wrote very extensive replies.

not sure how many GT owners are on Fchat, and how many are actually happy or unhappy. use your own judgement when you read any forum. there will always be very vocal happy owners and likewise, very vocal unhappy owners.

· Registered
1,740 Posts
if this is the nicest car you have seen and you have passion and money for it, just get one. forget about the reliability issue. you are working 15 hr a day 6-7 day a week anyways, you would not be missing it much if it were at the shop. further, i m sure you can keep another car besides the GT-S daily driver.

· Registered
1,740 Posts
the root of the problem is where are you living and how much you have to pay for a "GT car". there are many places in the world where you can "invest and trade the stockmarket for a living " and "smell the roses".

it will be an easier decision if you are only paying 1/2 of what you would pay.

· Registered
1,740 Posts
Hi xraygun - to give you an idea there's currently a 599 Fiorano 2007 demo for sale in Sydney for $650,000 which is almost the same in $US with the Aussie dollar @ 98c US as we speak.

Add stamp duty and other government charges and you'd be very close to $700,000.

Ed
the 599 is a better buy. skip the GT-S. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.