Maserati Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at my dealer yesterday, they got the new GT S brochures in. While I was there, got some good bits of info:

1. The last 2 recent orders they took for a GT S are not confirmed, and Maserati said they may not have any more cars. Sounds like the 300 cars for US is true, and they may be sold out! (good news for those who got their order in :cool:)

2. I requested a delivery date after the Chicago winter (roughly March), and it was confirmed 3 times. The dealer printed out my order sheet, and we found that the completion date for my build, is now Oct 28th, so that means the car should arrive the first week of December :mad: So much for a late delivery. Dealer said don’t mess around, since the last 2 orders are iffy. At least I can stare it in my garage for 3 months now, maybe I’ll sleep in it too :D

3. Pricing (about same as GT on options):

$
135k Base (confirmed)
1500 Shipping
300 Dealer prep
??? Gas guzzler (forgot to note this one down)

3200 Skyhook
1750 Alcantara headliner
800 Front parking sensors
600 Painted calipers (Red stock)
375 Stitching
400 Car cover

4. After triple checking my order, I found on the 4th check, something still was wrong, and my car is locked! I had wanted Mercury wheels at first, but after using the configurator, it didn’t look like the Mercury wheels went with Alfieri, so I changed it. Then "I love pizza" (Thanks!!) posted picts of an Alfieri GT S with Mercury wheels, which looked great, so I wanted to change back. Fortunately, they messed up on the wheels, and left them Mercury, so I'm good!!

5. Vehicle is referenced on Maserati order sheet as Granturismo 4.7 Cambiocorsa

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats, I've heard the same info as well. You have very little time left at this point to put in an order to your exact specs. If you think you can wait till 2009 and put in an order, I wouldn't be so sure thats going to happen. Surely depending on what happens to the economy some people may back out, but you'll have to pick from what they have on the showroom floor. Things I'm sure can always change, but both and Adam and I are hearing the same thing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's good info, thanks. I'm trying to get an update on my order and will post what i find. While it may sound nit-picking, I think it's ridiculous that alcantera headliner, front parking sensors, and skyhook are extra. For most cars at this level, those things are included - at least the first two should be. Also, I could have swore the destination charge and gas guzzler was included in the $135k when they first came out with the price, and now it looks like it's extra. Aren't those things included in the base price of the granturismo and not extra (i remember seeing that on the sticker, can someone confirm?). I know on most cars they are extra, but i thought it was different here.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i havent gotten any recent updates on those items, but from what i understand, bluetooth and the ipod connection are standard (there was an aux and usb port in the test drive GT S) , and have not heard any plans for satelite radio.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, im happy they didnt charge me a premium. scuderias and 599s are seeing 50k premiums at this dealer. i heard some west coast dealers may be charging premiums on the GT S.

good question though, has anyone paid less then list for a GT S, or a premium????

·
Registered
107 Posts
i am not paying a premium. given the current state of the economy, i would think some may be able to get a discount. adam76, what number were you on the list at your dealer? also, has any of your dealers get their test drive demo yet? any idea when? i still need to take one for a drive to finalize the decision in my head.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am not paying a premium. given the current state of the economy, i would think some may be able to get a discount. adam76, what number were you on the list at your dealer? also, has any of your dealers get their test drive demo yet? any idea when? i still need to take one for a drive to finalize the decision in my head.
They can’t keep 612s, 599s or Scuds in stock, even with 50k + premiums. They’re selling like hotcakes. I think the economy issues aren’t hitting everyone just yet. I’m #3 at the dealer. I think they've sold 8 GT S's, and sounds like they cannot get any more orders in, people are starting to line up, hard to deal in that situation.

I got an hours worth of test driving in (2 days) back in September, they were one of the first to get the demo car that’s been moving around the US and Canada. I never posted on my test drive, since this is my first exotic, and I’m not a performance guy...coming from MB. I didn’t have much to compare it to.

You’ll be sold after the test drive, that damn exhaust could sell anything ;)

There's a guy in another forum I spoke with, from the UK, an F430 owner, he had some great comments on the GT S:

"I had a hell of a lot of cars, on the other hand, I now own a GTS, and the F430 is unused, I also have an Aston, unused. The GTS is phenomenal, the sound, the interior, the small touches like the larger shifters, rev indicator on the LCD display, THAT sport button that makes the car howl! Immense! By far my favrouite car at the moment, and I have an alot of cars!"

·
Registered
107 Posts
are you getting the skyhook option? does anyone know if the skyhook and exhaust are both activated by the same sport button? in other words, can i have the sport exhaust but the softer suspension settings in skyhook, or do i have to be on the stiff suspension settings anytime i have the sport exhause enabled? thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
are you getting the skyhook option? does anyone know if the skyhook and exhaust are both activated by the same sport button? in other words, can i have the sport exhaust but the softer suspension settings in skyhook, or do i have to be on the stiff suspension settings anytime i have the sport exhause enabled? thanks.
They are both on the same button.

Eric

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My local dealer has a used 599 in stock. :) http://www.ferrariofseattle.com/inventory/details.aspx?ID=183

I am just never one to fight demand for supply..... and always will avoid paying list, even if it means waiting.
soo 400k for a used 300k car...nice!!

my dealer had the same. 599 bought new for 315k, one of only 2 6 speed manuals with stick, in the US. car traded in even after ~1400 miles towards 350k scud (290k sticker). used 599 sold for 400k in days. go figure :confused:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went with skyhook. They weren’t sure if the demo had skyhook or not, funny enough, but sounds like you get all in one unfortunately. I’d like separate buttons, like you, since I'll probably be driving in sport mode 99% of the time, and defeats the purpose of skyhook....fingers crossed for individual buttons :rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went with skyhook. They weren’t sure if the demo had skyhook or not, funny enough, but sounds like you get all in one unfortunately. I’d like separate buttons, like you, since I'll probably be driving in sport mode 99% of the time, and defeats the purpose of skyhook....fingers crossed for individual buttons :rolleyes:
thx, let me know if you get a confirmation on that. in my current ride, i spend about 50% in sitff suspension mode, but i like having the loud exhaust 95% of the time. if they are not separate buttons, i may pass on the skyhook and save some $.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thx, let me know if you get a confirmation on that. in my current ride, i spend about 50% in sitff suspension mode, but i like having the loud exhaust 95% of the time. if they are not separate buttons, i may pass on the skyhook and save some $.
I may have second thought Skyhook too, had I known the cost up front, and known I could not independantly control it, like my MB...oh well, just get to say "Fully Loaded", when\IF I go to sell it :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
FYI, despite the luxury/exotic car market being down 30% (and killing the used Maser values), Maserati actually saw a 20% increase in sales in 2007

Maserati’s U.S. Sales Soar in 2007

January 29, 2008
Maserati, which only recently returned to the U.S. market after a long hiatus, touted a 20 percent increase in U.S. sales for 2007. Sales were buoyed by the popularity of its newly restyled Quattroporte and the addition of an automatic transmission to the model.

The U.S. is now Maserati's largest market.

Maserati reports it has delivered about 15,000 of the cars since the launch of the original model.

The U.S. was Maserati’s biggest market again in 2007, where it sold 2,600 vehicles. Italy was Maserati’s second-biggest market, with 714 vehicles delivered last year, a 40 percent increase compared with 2006. The third biggest market for Modena, Italy-based Maserati was the United Kingdom, which took delivery of 611 vehicles last year.

The company also said it set a production record in October, when 850 vehicles left the Modena plant -- a quantity equivalent to Maserati’s annual production of just a few years ago. December ended with a record of more than 1,000 vehicles registered.​

also, 2008 looks to be another record year

ALEXANDRIA, Va., Oct. 2 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --
The American International Automobile Dealers Association (AIADA) today released September 2008 sales figures for the international automobile industry. AIADA represents over 11,000 international franchises, which after six months of holding the majority of the American market share, this month fell to 47.7 percent.

"International dealers and automakers are experiencing the same financial tremors felt from Wall Street to Main Street," said AIADA President Cody Lusk. "Today we look to Congress to help us and all Americans regain a stable economic footing. There is certainly room for growth in our sales numbers and dealers have high hopes for their new 2009 models."

International brands sold 460,182 vehicles in September, down from 683,328 in August. Asian brands held a 39.9 percent share of the market, Europeans had a 7.8 percent share, and domestic brands finished the month with 52.3 percent of the market. Not a single major automaker saw sales improve compared to September 2007. Year to date, only Honda, Jaguar, Maserati, Mini, Rolls Royce, Subaru, and Volkswagen have seen sales rise from 2007.

A variety of causes are to blame for September's weak sales. Consumer confidence, which took a hit from the banking collapse and gas prices, was not helped by cash-strapped lenders who turned away thousands attempting to finance a new car purchase.

also relevant

Worried Buyers Hit the Brakes on Ultra-Luxury Car Purchases
Sales Drop Attributed More to Psychology Than Finances
By Jean Halliday

Published: October 02, 2008
...Maserati North America President-CEO Marti Eulberg said she hasn't started to feel or see any evidence of potential negative images of her buyers from Main Street America. The Fiat Group-owned brand has seen its U.S. sales climb to 1,748 cars in the first eight months of the year vs. 1,736 in the same year-ago period, according to Automotive News. But sales of Maserati's flagship sedan, the Quattroporte, are off by more than 40%, Ms. Jacobs said.

Ms. Eulberg said sales have shifted from the aging sedan, which got a significant facelift for the 2009 model, to the GranTurismo sports car (which starts at $113,750 and went on sale 11 months ago).

Maserati in 2002 returned to the U.S. market, which was the automaker's biggest last year, accounting for 2,650 of the 7,353 cars delivered globally in 2007. Another possible reason for Maserati's growth is the carmaker started to do more vehicle leasing last year after launching its captive finance arm, Maserati Finance Co.

Exclusive mail list
Maserati does all its advertising in-house, including direct mail and 650,000 monthly e-mails to owners, prospects and hand raisers. The average buyer has an annual household income of $500,000.

"It used to be believed that the super-affluent buy what they want, when they want," Ms. Jacobs said. But the major declines in real estate values, the stock market and other economic indicators "does have an impact at the upper end."​

1 - 17 of 17 Posts