Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to be able to take my Granturismo to the ski fields as well, however without a ski port or availability of a roof rack suitable for a Granturismo, I am unable to take my skis up.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rent an SUV. It's safer, easier to drive on slick roads. Less chemical damage from the deicer, less road rash from the sand you won't have kicked up, and you won't feel so bad about that other car sliding into you (or you into it).

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
115 Posts
2nd car. Maser isn't really built for skiing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bike rack

maybe u can do the same with skis?
Hi Ronen, Sorry for the late reply. I love the photo of the bike rack and want to get one too. Do you have another photo from the side profile and brand/model?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Bike and ski rack solution for QP

Hi Ronen, Sorry for the late reply. I love the photo of the bike rack and want to get one too. Do you have another photo from the side profile and brand/model?
Some time back I fitted a bike rack to my QP which I described in the thread:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/quattroporte/2907-bicycle-rack-quattroporte.html

I lifted the side view picture from that, but there are some other pictures in the thread as well. In addition, early in the thread forum member kbrookings describes how he had a bracket fabricated and welded under this car. It is not visible and provided a solid standard 1.25 inch hitch reciever facing the back - like a normal hitch. He then mounted a standard hitch bike rack but I would assume you could also attach a hitch mounted ski rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the photo and quick reply. It looks similar to a Sari bike rack. I am thinking more for my mountain bikes and prefer not to custom make a bike rack for the maserati. In hindsight, maybe a Panamera would've been a lot more practical

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sea sucker and an old Thule box (just a proof of concept) have seen plenty examples online. This utilizes no blades or rack just the sea sucker directly mounted to the box

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,475 Posts
That's awesome! (y) Love the fact that there's other GT owners here besides me who keep driving their cars even in winter time. Good set of snow tires makes all the difference!

Reactions: Groshyubcha

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's awesome! (y) Love the fact that there's other GT owners here besides me who keep driving their cars even in winter time. Good set of snow tires makes all the difference!
Thanks! It’s very entertaining to see people stare! Certainly do! Philadelphia has had a very mild winter and only a few snow photos. This is to help carry the kids sleds/skis so I no longer have to stick them out the trunk. And the trunk is still accessible. Only modification I will add is adding a bit of a lift so the rear is pitched forward more.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Correct! These were the suction cups off of a 4 bike carrier (Someone sold Pre-Owned after wife totaled the car they were on) and the box was a curbside find. Old owner tossed it bc the mounting mechanism to the aero bars was broken.
I have not as of the integrity at speeds over 60 mph / 100 kph with the current set up. But like ChrisGT said seasucker has dedicated setups

·
Premium Member
2011 Gran Sport S
28 Posts
I've always admired people who use their cars no matter what brand they are. I did this when I only had one car and had to drive in the snow, ice, tow trailers etc.
Use it, why save it for the next guy, life is short and seeing an Italian car in the snow is really cool.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Not my Porsche, but I know the owner ( one of our Porsche forum members )

Not sure I’d go that far with the Maserati, but I see no harm driving it in the snow ( with the right tires on it ) . The only concern is probably other drivers who are clueless about handling a car in inclement weather conditions and can slide into your car, but then again that can happen in the rain also, or for that matter anytime even in the best conditions, considering how many bozos are on the road..

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,475 Posts
Hey if Stradman can have fun in his Lambo in the snow, why not a GT?

Reactions: Groshyubcha
1 - 18 of 18 Posts