Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

If you have a Granturismo or a newer QP, you need to read this and set up an appointment ASAP:

There is a bulletin out for those cars because, get this, the suspension FALLS APART while driving on a large number of them.

Call your local dealer and give them your VIN/Model # and see if it affects yours...

You don't want to be driving 80 on the freeway and have a wheel fall off...

-Ali

·
Registered
32 Posts
There are a few threads about this issue on here already.

Maserati issued a recall and has been sending out letters. I didn't have any problems when I took my QP in to be checked and no other owners I have talked to have needed any work upon inspection.

I was excited... I wanted to hit the three wheel motion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are a few threads about this issue on here already.

Maserati issued a recall and has been sending out letters. I didn't have any problems when I took my QP in to be checked and no other owners I have talked to have needed any work upon inspection.

I was excited... I wanted to hit the three wheel motion.
My QP is at the dealer now - unfortunately mine is among those that needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
took mine in yesterday... suspension recall 08 GT

car was on lift for 13 minutes

dealer had to check torque of a single bolt at suspension (4) (near each wheel) not sure exactly what it is called... mine were all "factory tight"

apparently there are some instances where the bolts were "hand tight" ..... factory had not put torque wrench on them.... could result in car "falling on itself" (no problem at low speed, big problem at high speed)

my dealer had not seen any loose ones yet...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts