Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Honestly, I was expecting in the neighborhood of 120-130, so 95k is pretty significant. The side shot in that article is one I haven't seen either, and I like it. Top Gear magazine's april issue has a cover article on the Gran Turismo, with the tagline 'the world just got a little bit cooler'. Their article is no less praising, and I give a little bit more respect to their opinion than some of the other mags out there.

With the press the car has gotten, and if pricing holds up to this, I'm pretty excited. I think the nay-sayers might be in for a surprise.

Our waiting list is growing, (I took another deposit on Friday) and it will be interesting to see what happens. First allotments are going to be pretty low numbers, and that could easily mean months-long waiting lists. It could have a positive effect on the current coupe market as well.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Honestly, I was expecting in the neighborhood of 120-130, so 95k is pretty significant. The side shot in that article is one I haven't seen either, and I like it. Top Gear magazine's april issue has a cover article on the Gran Turismo, with the tagline 'the world just got a little bit cooler'. Their article is no less praising, and I give a little bit more respect to their opinion than some of the other mags out there.

With the press the car has gotten, and if pricing holds up to this, I'm pretty excited. I think the nay-sayers might be in for a surprise.
TBH, I would still wait for the upped (re-engined) and F1-tranny versions. Now, at 65K this will have an impact on the price of used Coupes, maybe not on GS... but have to agree 95 grand is very competitive.

·
Registered
177 Posts
if true,

95k is a hell of a deal for the car. this is of course assuming that the price does not escalate rapidly with every "option" like tires (4 of them!)
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
528 Posts
$95K will blow Mercedes away.
I think the guys from Modena are finally getting it right.
The only way they will do this is if they have the infrastructure to support it.
Right now, I have to pass about a 100 Mercedes dealers to get to the Maserati dealer.
I read Top Gear article ( Thanks for the lead, MoM) and noted that Alfa is to come back into the USA as part of the Maserati dealer network.
The only problem with this, is there is no Maserati dealer network to speak of.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't understand why they think people having *too high* an opinion of them is a bad thing. Most automakers would kill for that kind of image. They should move upmarket instead of trying to convince everyone they're cheap.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I don't understand why they think people having *too high* an opinion of them is a bad thing. Most automakers would kill for that kind of image. They should move upmarket instead of trying to convince everyone they're cheap.
well put.

and especially when they will have alfa romeo to fill that space in the entry market for an italian car.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Because is someone has a 95K budget for a car, they will go into the Mercedes dealer, the BMW dealer and the Porsche dealer, but will NOT go into the Maserati/Ferrrari dealer. They already "know" that those cars are out of thier budget.

While the image is a desireable thing, car companies need to sell cars.
An image of the new car being unaffordable to potential customers will not sell cars.

·
Registered
102 Posts
$95k sound great to me but i'm in the Uk and my dealer expects car to leave the showroom around the £85k mark = $170k :( hows that for a mark up. (including extras off course)

stuart

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The price was originally reported in the Top Gear magazine article, and was reported from there. I realized after posting that I never saw who actually said that. I went back to the article this morning and it doesn't list a source.

We also have not seen any kind of official pricing, so the article could be wrong. I got so excited reading it, but maybe should have waited.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The price was originally reported in the Top Gear magazine article, and was reported from there. I realized after posting that I never saw who actually said that. I went back to the article this morning and it doesn't list a source.

We also have not seen any kind of official pricing, so the article could be wrong. I got so excited reading it, but maybe should have waited.
I was at the private intro held at the Park Ave showroom on Tuesday evening before the start of the NY Auto Show. I could be mistaken but I thought I heard a price of 110K, which could have been "as equipped". Either way this car has 'Presence" which is something the outgoing coupe & spyder lacked.

Don't get me wrong those cars are attractive, they just don't have the visual impact of the new GranTurismo.

This car is a winner.

Joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts