1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
voted & it's not even super tuesday....had to represent the maser

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Can't believe the Murcielago is the current number one.

I mean, it's an awesome piece of kit but not beautiful per se.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I stopped reading once they credited Peter Stevens with designing the McLaren F1. Sorry, that was Gordon Murray. Stevens only created the clay models of Murray's design.

·
Registered
196 Posts
......I am not as "in love" as I am with the Giugiaro coupe shape.
The 4200 is a strange beast. Arguably not a classic beuaty like the GT or the DB9. But I find the design a very "organic" one. Bit like a woman who may not be conventionally pretty, yet you cannot take your eyes of her. Especially when parked among lesser cars, it literally makes your mouth fall open. I had this happen when i was visiting family in NL. I took my 4 year old rollerblading with my wife, and my little nephew went along. We had been talking cars all day, kid is about 11 at the time, room full of posters of porsches and the like. We were going through an industrial park which was quiet as it was weekend. There was a realtor's viewing of a building and among a gaggle of normal cars there was a black coupe. It stopped us straight in our tracks. We stuck around hoping for the owner to show up, hoping for a chat and a bit of Itialian music from the pipes. When the women were getting bored we went on, but "accidently" went by again. The cars had left. The kid never stopped talking about maseratis for the next week, and seemed cured off his porsche fancy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts