Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

Have a question about the option for the leather dash and leather rear shelf. Is there exposed stitching that when picking a constrasting stitch it will show? I'm tempted by this option, as I'm not a fan of the plastic/rubber standard dash, but if the leather shows no stitch it might not be worth it.

Any thoughts on those who have this option?

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
793 Posts
I believe Maserati does what Ferrari does and offers contrast stitching on all leather interiors.

The contrast stitching is a fantastic option.

Do it!

·
Registered
353 Posts
To answer your question the leather dash and rear shelf do not have the contrasting stitching however when I picked up my GT the dealer had a blue one with no leather dash and it made a huge difference. I guess it also depends on what color interior your looking at also. I personally think if the wheel, dash, and rear shelf were black and not red on my car it would completely change the look. However if it showed the stitching I think it might have looked overdone. Here are some pics in detail to help you out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree 100% on doing contrasting stitching, but I've never seen the leather dash/rear shelf option in person or in pictures to tell me if those have exposed stitching too.

Scratch what I just said, just saw the pic above, we posted at the same time. Am I wrong in thinking that when you go with this option it has to match what the leather is on the seats? According to your post it appears you can go contrasting colors on the dash and seats if you DON'T select the leather dash, but the opposite otherwise.

·
Registered
353 Posts
One more...

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree 100% on doing contrasting stitching, but I've never seen the leather dash/rear shelf option in person or in pictures to tell me if those have exposed stitching too.

Scratch what I just said, just saw the pic above, we posted at the same time. Thanks for posting that.
Not a problem ^^ :D

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you order the leather dash and rear shelf, does it have to be the same color as the seats or can you select a contrasting color?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts