Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listed as one of 97 "Perfect Things – The World's Best Gear, Tech, Tools & Toys". Among cars, it had as companions the Spyker C8 (oh man that's a hot car), Alfa Romeo 8C, and Chevy Volt.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, the Chevy Volt is an interesting concept car first unveiled at this year's NAIAS. Its an electric car with a small gas motor that is used solely to charge the batteries and not to drive the car (unlike a hybrid). In that way, the car is somewhat more efficient than hybrids.

Car supposedly will be able to seat 4 or 5, reach 120 mph, and have a range of 40 miles on battery alone, 640 miles if the 12 gal tank is used with the gas motor to recharge.

The concept will only work if Li+ ion battery technology progresses as GM believes it will over the next few years though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Volt

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yeah, I would hate for my next car to be a Chevy, but the Volt or something like it could make it happen. Unless the Tesla guys build something more grown-up before then ... umm... like my Maserati... oops, well...

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Listed as one of 97 "Perfect Things – The World's Best Gear, Tech, Tools & Toys". Among cars, it had as companions the Spyker C8 (oh man that's a hot car), Alfa Romeo 8C, and Chevy Volt.
Check out the Rossion - http://www.rossion.com.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Doh. I was trying to be too helpful. ;-)

Anyway, I plan on taking a trip to Cincinnati in a couple months to test drive one. It really looks like an impressive car for the price, and not just "track only".

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Is that a Porsche badge on the front? I've been looking at that car and the Spyker for a while.... Where the F do you get them serviced? DFW Rossion/Spyker dealers? I think they just opened one in Oak Cliff.... PASS!
Actually, the car itself is quite mechanically and electronically simple compared to many other exotics, so any competent mechanic should be able to service it...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Is that a Porsche badge on the front? I've been looking at that car and the Spyker for a while.... Where the F do you get them serviced? DFW Rossion/Spyker dealers? I think they just opened one in Oak Cliff.... PASS!
Porche dealer here in Pittsburgh also sell the Spyker but I've never see one on the road. They look really nice but the price is awfully expensive. I think the Rossion should be easier to service cause it is based on Noble which is pretty simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was looking at Spyker a few months ago... the dealer in Atlanta told me that service was pretty simple, as they are powered by an Audi engine and that there are local audi techs that will work on it. He had no idea as to what the costs would be, which worried me a bit.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'd be very hesitant to buy a Spyker - their CEO just quit (or was fired) and they're financially on the ropes. May be forced to sell part interest (or fold) their F1 team.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts