Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone get this to work? its set up on all my other cars but for some reason the homelink on the granturismo won't link up... any experience on this?

·
Registered
191 Posts
garage door opener

my experience has been that when I cannot get the code into the car it has to do with the garage door opener (or other devise) and not the car...

something to do with "rolling codes"

My garage door guy was able to get it right.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my experience has been that when I cannot get the code into the car it has to do with the garage door opener (or other devise) and not the car...

something to do with "rolling codes"

My garage door guy was able to get it right.....
definetely not the garage, i have the rolling code's and while trying to program the masi i accidently hit the button too long and erased everything. i had to reprogram all the cars and they reprogramed without a hitch. not sure whats wrong with this one...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the same issue with the QP. Tried many times to program the homelink, having successfully done it on other cars, and no joy.

I mention this as a 'bump' to see if anyone else has either successfully programmed, or seen the problem and resolved?

·
Registered
76 Posts
rolling code limits

Remember that with the rolling code garage door openers you can only have 7 devices programed to the garage. It will generally take the one you are programing, but will knock out one of the other devices.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was unable to get Homelink to work on my QP.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, i got it to work!

Of course, it was quick and simple when I did finally get it, and the difference was having the doors closed and the ignition on. The Homelink took the initial code and then it married to the rolling codes on the door pull unit first time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has to do with having the engine on. I messed around with setting it up without the engine on and it didn't take to any of the codes, but when the engine was on, it worked perfectly fine.
I just got my Granturismo a few weeks ago, and it's great!

Nero Carbonio
Nero Interior
Rosso Stitching
Ross Calipers
20 in Birdcage Wheels (light)

It's a head turner!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I had the same problem before, it is related to your garage door opener, as new garage door opener need to have one person pushing the button on the main control (unit on top of the garage) and one person pushing the homelink to set it. All new garage door opener need to do it like this.
good luck.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
First, make sure there are no codes set in the buttons on the visor in the car. You hold the two outside ones to delete them. Then hold your remote close to the button in the car you want to program. Mke sure you press both the remote button and the visor one at the same time. Wait for the blinking light to go fast then release both buttons-the one on the remote and the one on the visor at the same time.

Next climb up a ladder to reach the garage door opener electrical machine that controls the door. Press the little square button (it is usually red or yellow), when the little light flashes, go down the ladder and back to your car and press the button in the visor that you had programmed. You may need to press it twice but it should now open and close the garage door! You have about 30 seconds to tool down the ladder and into your car.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Homelink Help

I just looked at their web site www.homelink.com and found the following. I know that the manual also has a toll-free number to call but I do not have the manual in front of me. Maybe the number listed below is the same number as the Maserati manual.

You can :autofahrer::autofahrer::autofahrer:call our customer service number (1-800-355-3515) for complete programming assistance. First try the following troubleshooting tips:

* Check the frequency of the device’s hand-held transmitter (usually found on the back). HomeLink is compatible with radio-frequency devices operating between 288-399MHz (some 2007 and newer vehicles may be compatible up to 433MHz. Please contact us for vehicle compatibility).
* Put a brand new, store bought battery in the hand-held transmitter. During the programming process the battery's energy tends to drain (more so with an older battery). A new battery will increase the speed and accuracy in which the hand-held transmitter sends its signal to HomeLink.
* Retrain HomeLink holding the hand-held transmitter at different lengths and angles from the HomeLink button you are trying to program. Try 4-6 inches away at a different angle.
* Cycle the hand-held transmitter during programming: Press and hold the HomeLink button while you press and release the hand-held transmitter every 2 seconds until the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a rapid flash.
* To verify HomeLink has programmed, press and hold the HomeLink button and observe the indicator light:
o If the indicator light remains solid, it has picked up the signal and should operate the device.
o If the indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds and turns solid, HomeLink has successfully picked up the rolling code signal. Please follow the rolling code instructions outlined in the "programming a garage door opener" section to complete the process.
o If the indicator light remains a slow blink, HomeLink has not picked up the signal from the hand-held remote. Try programming the button again or choose another button to program.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just brought home my 2010 GT S. A combination of a few of the posts here did the trick. I have a Genie ProMax garage door opener with Rolling Codes.

-Have the car running
-I closed the car door but not sure that did anything
-Clear the HomeLink codes first (hold down the two outside buttons for 20 seconds)
-Hold down the button you want to program and "at the same time" hold a handheld garage door opener close by (6in) -
-Release both the button on the visor and the handheld garage door opener when the visor light blinks fast
-now go push the "learn" button on the back of the garage door motor, an indicator light should come on (on my Genie it blinked)
-go back to the car (I closed my door) and push the button you programmed before - I only needed to push the button once but others say it may take 2 pushes.
--Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I just brought home my 2010 GT S. A combination of a few of the posts here did the trick. I have a Genie ProMax garage door opener with Rolling Codes.

-Have the car running
-I closed the car door but not sure that did anything
-Clear the HomeLink codes first (hold down the two outside buttons for 20 seconds)
-Hold down the button you want to program and "at the same time" hold a handheld garage door opener close by (6in) -
-Release both the button on the visor and the handheld garage door opener when the visor light blinks fast
-now go push the "learn" button on the back of the garage door motor, an indicator light should come on (on my Genie it blinked)
-go back to the car (I closed my door) and push the button you programmed before - I only needed to push the button once but others say it may take 2 pushes.
--Hope this helps
Worked for me exactly the same way............

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Worked for me exactly the same way............
It took me a while to figure out this process as the instructions manual is not clear. The instruction manual seems to imply that with a rolling code one needs only step two (the ladder up and down fun), but indeed one needs to do through both steps: 1) using the remote control and then 2) learning the code from the garage door opener...

I did no many trial & error that I the end I did not know what I did, happy to have it documented at the forum now.:thumbsup: I just tried it again in my 2009 GT and it worked

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yup, I just did this, too. All the "door closed" and "engine running" theories seem to be a myth. I believe that either Homelink has power or it doesn't.

It took me 30 minutes, though, before I could finally get it to work. In the end, I had to play around with the position and even the angle of my factory opener relative to the Homelink device. Apparently I originally had my factory opener too close; I had to move it about a foot away and play around with the orientation until it finally took (Homelink LED starts flashing quickly). Fussy process.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I can't recall 100% the procedure, but it definitely works. I remember first hitting program button on my garage motor, then running into car and programming, etc. I think it's a rolling code procedure.It's also tough to program in a Benz. Bottom line, it works, unless yours is faulty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't recall 100% the procedure, but it definitely works. I remember first hitting program button on my garage motor, then running into car and programming, etc. I think it's a rolling code procedure.It's also tough to program in a Benz. Bottom line, it works, unless yours is faulty.

Right, there are multiple procedures here that are well-documented in the rest of the thread.

My tip about where to hold the factory opener referred to the one step where you need to train the Homelink device. That was (by far) the trickiest step for me. Once you get the fast-blinking light from Homelink, the rest should be a piece of cake...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.