Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that all U.S. GTs have a charcoal bezel (first two pictures) and the European GTs have a reflective bezel (3rd and 4th picture). I ordered a U.S.-version blue GT that comes with a charcoal bezel, but I would like to replace the bezel with a reflective one (looks much better with blue). Does anyone know if you can replace the bezel only? I was told that I will likely have to replace the whole headlight unit, which costs $2~3000 per headlight.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I have to agree it looks better with blue but it's a little steep for a bit of colour around the headlights.

·
Registered
46 Posts
.....an observation of two GTs currently on eBay.

First one is a US car which confirms the gray color:

Second is also on eBay, if you look at the carfax available on the cars.com ad it shows the car is an import from Belgium: It too has the gray background in the headlights:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The black GT looks good with the charcoal headlights, but I personally don't like the blue GT with the charcoal headlights. I'm in the process of convincing my dealer (which also runs the Service Center) to order the reflective headlight part and hold onto the original charcoal headlights in inventory. Maybe they'll charge me a nominal cost. Maybe not. Regardless, when someone gets in an accident and needs to replace that part, the Maserati Service Center will have the part in inventory and sell it at the retail price. The only downside for them is holding onto it as inventory risk, not knowing when they'll be able to sell it. I figure that's a marginal cost given that they sell millions of dollars of Maseratis and Ferraris at ridiculous prices (double of US prices). Plus, I think that's the least they can do after they delayed my delivery date another two months and also failed to inform me until a month after my order that ball-polished rims are no longer in production.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GranTurismo Headlights: charcoal vs. reflective.

The U.S. spec GT's headlight bezel is charcoal (picture 1) while the European spec is a reflective style (picture 2). What looks better? I think it's completely personal opinion. I like the charcoal lights on my current black GT, but I'm likely going to sell the car and get a new 2009 blu oceano GT in october. I like the reflective lights on the blu oceano color, but only charcoal headlights are available in Korea.

First Question: Does anyone in Europe want the charcoal lights and willing to exchange your reflective headlights? My headlights will be brand new on my brand new order and I'm willing to exchange for your used reflective lights.

Second Question: Can any of the European folks tell me the product number for the headlights on your GranTurismo?

By the way, my dealer confirmed that the 2009 will have front sensors, alcantara material on the roof, bluetooth, and usb/auxiliary slots.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts