Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GT now has 450 miles and is running very nicely 95% of the time.

Occasionally though the gearbox changes are sometimes not smooth and even jerky. I'm talking about driving in Normal Auto mode, not Sport.

Initially i thought it was just the car warming up, but it seems the problem can happen at any time. The changes can be perfect all day and then all of a sudden there will we one very jerky one normally on an up change. Twice when going in reverse I have also had a pretty hefty 'clunk' noise.

If it was always doing this in the same shift pattern i would be concerned it was an actual gearbox hardware fault, but as this is sporadic and can happen in any gear it makes me wonder if its a possible gearbox sensor or software problem.

Its not bad enough to rush back to the dealer, so i'll wait a few more weeks to see if it gets worse so i can replicate it, but i'd be very interested to know if anyone else has had a similar issue. :confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I remember people complaining of a similar problem on early automatic versions of the current E60 BMW 5 series and the problem was narrowed down to a software issue as opposed to a mechanical problem. Hopefully your issue will be the same and just require an ECU reflash or exchange.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts