1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Only 271 miles, that's bad luck!

·
Registered
151 Posts
It is amazing after all this time that they still do not have street names listed on the GPS screen. Why is it so hard for Maserati to make a complete modern vehicle with all of the extras that one would expect in a $100,000+ price range? I could also make the argument at the $50,000 price range, or just suck it up as I have done and bought a Garmin. Does Maserati own stock in Garmin?

2004 Coupe

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is amazing after all this time that they still do not have street names listed on the GPS screen. Why is it so hard for Maserati to make a complete modern vehicle with all of the extras that one would expect in a $100,000+ price range? I could also make the argument at the $50,000 price range, or just suck it up as I have done and bought a Garmin. Does Maserati own stock in Garmin?

2004 Coupe
Most NAVs wont show street names until you zoom in close enough. I recall when I got my first benz, I thought this was the same case...but after zooming in, the street names show. I cant imagine them not showing street names.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
How did this thread turn to Navigation stuff? :confused:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
C'mon BF, weren't you looking for a project car? This one is probably cheaper and easier to restore than a Bora!

·
Registered
211 Posts
back to being on topic ... sligtly

:) I'm not sure about this "project car" for 62k! I would be willing to bet, if you calculate the cost of the parts alone, it would run you close to 20k! next would be the cost of your time, effort, and any tools you may have to purchase to get the job done! (presuming that you elect to do this yourself of course), I venture to say the cost of "labor" would be significantly higher if you elect to choose an INDI to get the job done for you (assuming they have the "parts/tools" to do this). I would add a conservative 5-10k for labor in that scenario which brings your total cost of ownership to be 87-92K! Not to mention the depreciation bath you would take from any future trade, as I can't think of a way to mimic Maserati "factory" paint thickness. As you may know, those who would choose to purchase a Maserati, do conduct paint thickness test to see if the car was ever repainted for any reason. If the pint thickness is higher than the standard factor spec, your resale value plummets accordingly. With this in mind, if you add all of these tangible and intangible costs, you basically are paying for a slightly used version of the car without the hassle of having to wait and go through the stress of putting it together yourself.

Ok... I seriously need to lay off the coffee and stop reading/watching the ridiculous stock market! :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I was joking with BF, I wouldn't recommend it to anybody as a project car. Well, not for that price...;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts