Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I disconnected the battery of my GT year 2007 model.

I accidentally shut the the trunk and now i cant access the trunk or open the passenger or drivers door with my keys?

Any suggestions will greatly help?
Thanks, Macken

·
Registered
201 Posts
With your key you should still be able to turn the mechanical lock on the drivers door to open the door? theres two buttons on the inside of the door handle and I believe the bigger one is the mechanical button to open the door with your key?

Once you are able to get in to the car , underneath your rear driver or passenger seat there is a pull handle to also manually open the trunk(since im guessing you are in the UK im not sure which side they have the handle on RHD vehicles. on LHD vehicles it is on the door seat bolster on the REAR DRIVER SEAT right next to the seat/rear armrest area)

Its a little pull handle that you pull and opens the trunk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Appreciate your respone.

I have tried to turn the key in the lock on the drivers side and pressed the bigger button on the inside of the door and also tried this on the passenger side, but doors wont open? Also tried the small button(which on the drivers side is permanetely down)

I am aware of the pull handle underneath the passenger side seat( my car is RHD).

However, my issue is the doors wont open???

·
Registered
201 Posts
rdown76 , you are confused. On the Door handle OUTSIDE of the car there are two buttons , a smaller one and a bigger one, normally both will open the door when you have power, but to my knowledge when you loose power, one of the buttons will open the door mechanically if you turn the key into the keyhole at the same time... thats what I had to do when my battery died, unfortunately Macken I dont have a better suggestion as I just tried it on my car and it worked It is the smaller button that you said is pressed in already thats the mechanical one are you saying its pressed in on both the driver and passenger side?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update here.

I managed to call a mobile car locksmith who managed to open the car door by using an inflatable bag ( inserting inside the car door) and inserted a rod to release the door handle. Once the door opened was able to open the boot by pulling on the cord under rear passenger seat.

However, this is a flaw of the Granturismo, as my key would not open the door if the battery is disconnected!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I've opened my doors with the manual buttons a couple times (I've owned two GT's). Not sure what you were doing but it works. Keep in mind, the windows do not drop the 1/4" or whatever with no power so you need to be careful when opening.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I go out of my why to use the manual door button when in the garage.

Reactions: rdown76

·
Registered
201 Posts
yea same im wondering if maybe the car lost power when it was "unlocked" which is why the buttons wouldnt work (macken you tried it on the driver and passengers side? when you had no power?)

Cause in my second post I literally unplugged my battery and tried the same steps I gave you to make sure I wasnt giving out incorrect info and it worked fine for me. but again my door lock button wasnt pressed in as you were stating yours was at the time.

·
Super Moderator
5,596 Posts
However, this is a flaw of the Granturismo, as my key would not open the door if the battery is disconnected!
It's a flaw of your car, perhaps. Every other one will happily unlock and open the doors with the battery disconnected. Might be worth getting it looked at.

C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts