Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am just in the process on finishing off the spec for my new S for delivery Sept/Oct and would appreciate some input from more experienced Maserati hands.

I have chosen Cuio Sella for the seats and am minded to go the same colour for the dash although the dealer is advising me to stick to black (nero)

Has anyone here had any experience with non-black dashes and should I be concerned about this - I just dont think the brown and black complement each other.

I have used the configurator but the dealer is of the opinion that the dash will be too reflective in anything other than plain black

I know these may sound like non-important issues but this is a fairly sizeable investment and I would rather not get it wrong....

Decisions, decisions.....

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
In my albeit limited experience, tan leather does reflect more than black. You could perhaps get black for the (top part of the) dash and cuoio for the bottom half so to match the seats.

PS: Great car by the way! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input BigFoot

The half and half solution is the dealers suggestion but I am not sold on this combo - the full tan leather dash looks great on the configurator but of course it is not the real world.

I know there are more important issues in the world but....

·
Registered
255 Posts
My coupe has dark blue upper/tan lower - and neve had any issue with reflections! Any dark upper colour should be fine.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a 2005 Gransport with cuio (beige) top of dash, rest of interior cuio with the 2005 technical cloth. couple of pics attached that should give you a view.

On very sunny days the top of dash does reflect on the windshield, can be distracting for a moment when you get in, but then the eyes adjust, or something happens, and it's fine. were I ordering a GT I would very seriously consider cuio interior, the leather is beautiful. finally, matched with black I don't think it would suit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
As beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I respectfully disagree that the cuoio sella and black don't go together. I have what I believe is the most handsome of all the Coupe interiors I've ever seen; Tabaco on the seats, upper doors, lower dash and black for the carpets, lower doors, and top dash. The lower dash is piped with black. It is a stunning, rich look. Admittedly, we're talking apples and oranges, as my Tabaco finish is a little darker than the Cuoio Sella I believe. Tabaco is kind of like a brandy color, but it's similar to cuoio sella. I can't tell you how many compliments I've received on my interior, even from other Coupe owners. I also have the burled wood steering wheel and door accents which pick up a little of the Tabaco in their grain.

Another consideration. The Maserati "Beige" carpet doesn't go with ANY of their leather colors in my opinion. If you agree, perhaps tying the cuoio sella "field" color with black carpets, black stitching, and black upper dash could do the trick. I went on the configurator just to check this out, and I like it very much. I also specified black for the roof, alu gray for the metallic trim (gives it a vintage look), walnut for the wood, and a walnut steering wheel. Other than a totally black interior which I would also consider depending on the exterior color, this would be my first choice.

As my wife would say, this is a "First World" problem. Enjoy solving it!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys

This is why this is such a good forum - a plethora of different views. I may not be any further forward in my decision-making process but I am now better informed in my non-decision making !!!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Frankie,

Sounds like a great interior.

I wonder if your interior is the "tobacco" color user in Ferrari interiors? I've seen it matched with dark blue exterior/dash on 575's and it is very very nice.

My carpets are a dark blue and that suits well.

Do have pics of your interior?

·
Registered
96 Posts
morsimon,

My dad has the Cuio Sella with black carpets, black dash, black headliner and graphite trim. I think it looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree your dads car looks very nice !

I am now toying with dark blue upper dash, cuio sella interior with navy blue stitching, cuio carpets,cuio sella leather steering wheel, tanganika trim

Exterior is Blu Oceano

There are too many choices and too few cars to view !!!!

Morsimon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nero Granturismo with Cuoio Sella

I have a Nero Granturismo with Cuoio Sella interior. I chose not to go with the full Cuoio Sella on the dash because it looked too much and unsporty. Looks fine in a Quatrroporte. The black was a great contrast with my black stiching on cuio sella...

Just an opinion...I love the way it turned out in person

Neil Z

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a 2005 Gransport with cuio (beige) top of dash, rest of interior cuio with the 2005 technical cloth. couple of pics attached that should give you a view.

On very sunny days the top of dash does reflect on the windshield, can be distracting for a moment when you get in, but then the eyes adjust, or something happens, and it's fine. were I ordering a GT I would very seriously consider cuio interior, the leather is beautiful. finally, matched with black I don't think it would suit.
your color combo looks pretty sweet. love how the blue has that glossy sparkle.
similar to what i'm getting on my new Granturismo order in october. blu oceano with avorio interior (but blu navy dash).

·
Registered
181 Posts
i ordered a blu oceano with avorio seats, avorio stitching, bianco ice trim, pearl beige headlining, and navy blu dash. i am 100% sold on my color combo. very modern, sporty and refreshing. yeah, it's going to be a pain in the ass to maintain, but i think my satisfaction will cover it. my second choice was the "default" interior color combo for blu oceano, which is beige leather with a black dash and wood trim. looks nice, but too classic for my taste. i'm not a big fan of cuoio sella but judging from the picture posted above, cuoio sella with black trim looks pretty damn good. i'm a bit closer to your line of thinking in that i would probably pick a matching cuoio sella dash for my cuoio sella seats. what trim are you getting? that will also play a factor in determining your dash color.
i understand your dilemma because blu oceano is a hard color to match. i struggled with my decision for 2 months. black, on the other hand, is much easier to match. currently, i'm driving a nero carbonio granturismo with black seats, black dash and red trim. definitely a sporty feel. temporary "loaner" until my blu oceano comes into the country in october.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GTkorea

Thanks for your input - interesting.

Trim - I am thinking of Tanganika wood but may go for alugrey.

I am finding it very difficult to make a final decision eg cant decide if should go beige for the headlining or also dark blue. I really need to see some of these mothers but of course there are not many of them about - I am going to see a car with cuoio sella next week so that may help.

Morsimon

·
Registered
181 Posts
personally, i think cuoio sella with tanganika would look very nice. if you get the cuoio sella dash, then a beige or black headlining would look nice. don't think it comes in dark blue.
the configurator colors and views compared to "Actual" colors and views are vastly different. to really nail your decision, you will need to go check out the cuoio sella next week, and also check out the dealer and see some samples of color combos. surfing the net for GT photos will also help.
cuoio sella is an orangish/reddish brown, but not as orange as it appears on the configurator.
if you are definite about cuoio sella, this is my pick: cuoio sella dash, tanganika trim, black headlining, black carpet. but the steering wheel... don't know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
morsimon,

My dad has the Cuio Sella with black carpets, black dash, black headliner and graphite trim. I think it looks great.
your dad's color combo does look fantastic. the problem is that it is causing me now to second guess the way i've ordered my granturismo s. getting nero carbonio exterior. i was going to get black seats (full leather - no alcantera inserts)/black dash/black headliner/black carpets and yellow stitching to match the yellow calipers. now i'm thinking about cuio sella seats/black dash/black headliner/black carpets. i would charachterize the former as more "sporty" and the latter as more "sophisticated". i know both will look great, but does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have not seen the Cuoio Sella in person, but when I asked my sales rep, he said "its’ worth mentioning that the general consensus is that it has too much orange in the pigment of the leather." for those that have seen it up close, what do you think of that comment?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts