Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have taken delivery of my new GranTurismo.
I am having a lot of problems with the MP3 audio system. Most of my music is in Itunes format or MP3 format. So, I have made several MP3 CDs to load onto the player. When the songs are loaded or played using the GT stereo system, many of them are either slightly scrambled or the beginning of the song is chopped off.

I have tried multiple methods of copying the MP3s onto the CDs and nothing seems to remedy this problem. I have also tried a few brands of CDs. In addition, the CDs play fine on other sound systems.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hello,

I have taken delivery of my new GranTurismo.
I am having a lot of problems with the MP3 audio system. Most of my music is in Itunes format or MP3 format. So, I have made several MP3 CDs to load onto the player. When the songs are loaded or played using the GT stereo system, many of them are either slightly scrambled or the beginning of the song is chopped off.

I have tried multiple methods of copying the MP3s onto the CDs and nothing seems to remedy this problem. I have also tried a few brands of CDs. In addition, the CDs play fine on other sound systems.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?
Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure that it is capable of playing MP3's? You may have to convert into .WAV to play in the car. You should be able to convert before you burn using itunes, or other CD burning software. I know that my 04 does not play MP3's, but will play burned CD's that have been converted to .WAV.

Eric

·
Registered
181 Posts
My mp3's play fine on my GranTurismo. Also, I copied all the songs onto the internal "Jukebox" harddrive and it works fine also... except it won't play or copy any of my songs that have titles that are not English (i.e. Korean). If your mp3 CD plays fine on the system, then it should copy onto the Jukebox with no problem. If your mp3 CD itself doesn't play properly, then you may have a CD format that doesn't work well with the GT system. I have found that Mitsubishi blank CD's work the best but they may be hard to find in the U.S. Like Eric mentioned above, you may want to try just copying .WAV files onto a CD and then uploading that into the GT's Jukebox. Also, I haven't tried uploading itunes coded mpeg4 files onto the GT harddrive, but my initial guess would be that it won't work. One other potential problem may be that the mp3 file itself is semi-corrupted. Sometimes the files that you download from the internet are not 100% "clean" files but are slightly corrupted so it won't play properly on certain audio systems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts