Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Just writing a note here to see if anyone is interested in any 2006 Gransports that we have at Maserati of Minneapolis. Right now there is $7500 cash back on the gransports and some great financing incentives on the 2006 Quattroportes (I only have one left!) 1.9 60 months, 2.9 72 months, 4.9 84 months.

For anyone who is a contributing member of the forum, I will be giving some very, very aggressive discounts. Also, if you refer anyone that buys a car from us, we wil gladly send you out a referral check.

Here is what I have for inventory:
2006 Gransport LE nero carbonio/nero
2006 Gransport LE grigio touring/beige
2006 Gransport LE rosso mondiale/beige
2006 Gransport blu nettuno/nero 116k sticker demo.
2006 QP quarzo/beige demo 150 miles

2007 QP Sport GT rosso mondiale/nero "only one in USA" AMAZING
2 2007 Sport GT's
2 2007 Exec GT's

Let myself or Mark know if there is anything we can do to help.

Regards,

Taryn

·
Registered
681 Posts
Taryn,

I may have a buyer for my Coupe, if so I will call you about the 2006 Gransport blu nettuno/nero 116k sticker demo.

By the way for anybody reading this Taryn is an awesome guy to deal with I bought my 06 Coupe GT from him and could not have been happier.*

Regards,
Kevin

* by reading this thread I have automatically referred you to deal with Maserati of Minneapolis and will be issued a referral check for every car sold to a maseratilife.com member Just kidding!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI. I asked the Moderator before I posted this, I did not know it was going to be an annoyance.:confused: Most people do not read the Buying and selling part and it is rarely updated!
I was just trying to help anyone who is looking for one to buy, and there has been a fair amount of people on here that are looking to buy and have questions. I have in the past helped out many people that had questions about buying a new car and it can only help to have a dealers input I think!

Bimbo, I am glad that people like the way we do business and refer people to us. I think that means we are doing better than average job.;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
No, The Bimbo is right. When I had a Fuchs exhaust for sale, it never crossed my mind to market it by starting a thread. I bit the bullet and listed it under Buying & Selling.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'll side with Taryn here, though I can appreciate counter points....particularly from non-US members for whom US GS offers are immaterial. All of that said, the MOM posts are always very imformative, so I think they've earned the occasional free "marketing" pass.

Also, there have been several posts of late from prospective US GS purchasers, myself included. I can only say that I find this type of post (if periodic only) to be of value.

Respectfully,
Steve

·
Registered
82 Posts
Taryn's side for me too. I've gone through the group buy for the springs - and MVPs recent attempt to sell his Coupe GT, that have all been commercial but interesting and I don't really see this as being any different. I appreciated hearing about the Grandsport fire sale, but as there's only the one blue one it looks like I missed the boat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Even though I'm kinda new here, I've already recognized Maserati of Minneapolis as a helpful and frequent contibutor to this board. Not only do I see no harm in their posting, but I found it enjoyable to know what was available from an apparently great dealer. If nothing else, it was fun to imagine that new Maser I might somehow finagle onto a transport truck to Florida. It's easy enough to ignor a thread, if it's not to one's liking. So my vote easily goes to Taryn.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It doesn't matter if we like or dislike Maserati of Minneapolis and their representatives.

The question is, if you have a Maserati (or accessories) for sale, is it okay to start a thread with a classified ad?

Your honor?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with it at all!

Anyone wat to buy my 91 Yugo? Fire sale! IT'S REALLY ON FIRE!!!!

;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Taryn,

I, for one, would like to thank you and the entire group at Mas of Minneapolis for your service, your commitment, your professionalism and your input here on the board.

My husband and I have bought many cars from this group and have nothing but good things to say about them. And we will continue to deal with them exclusively.

I am sure that there are many threads on this board that people may find uninteresting or what have you. If you enter a thread that is not of interest to you, move on to one that is. There really is no need for comments that are negative. We are all adults and make the choice to come here to read and to get advice, become more educated, or share stories. Taryn is doing what any helpful dealer SHOULD in letting the readers of this board in on deals on the cars that we are all here talking about, loving, driving...etc. So please, keep the negative comments out of an otherwise fun board.

Keep up the good work Taryn! It is appreciated! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm eyeing up that Rosso Mondiale QP! You knew I would be. Would match the Gransport perfectly! :) Working on Joe on that one! haha!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
treuter said:
FYI. I asked the Moderator before I posted this, I did not
know it was going to be an annoyance.:confused: Most people do not read the Buying and selling part and it is rarely updated!
In fairness to Taryn he did contact me and I did give him the OK so it is me everyone should be mad at.

In regards to the Buying & Selling section: It is a catch 22, the more ads the more frequent I think users look at that section and vice versa.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If the Buying and Selling section is going to be of any use can we please either add a "posting date" to the adverts or time expire them after about a month. Some of the cars on that list have been for sale since before I first joined this group.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gavin01's point is well taken. I perused the Buying & Selling tab but couldn't tell what was current and what was stale. Most of it appeared stale. I think it could become a useful resource, and an active Buying & Selling list would justify keeping the commercial stuff off of the general forum message board.

·
Registered
824 Posts
MVP said:
Taryn,

I may have a buyer for my Coupe, if so I will call you about the 2006 Gransport blu nettuno/nero 116k sticker demo.
I saw the pics on their site -- that one's hot!!! (I love the full leather GS interior)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Doesn't matter how helpful or charming you are - wrong place to post ads.

I guess the people jumping in defence are all very happy to have their email boxes filled spam? "If you don't like it, just move on"

- Toffe

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I am sooo tired of this thread.... Maserati of Minneapolis had permission to post by the creator of this board. Period. Right or wrong, it was cleared and approved. Most US posters have dealt with and appreciate their input. Don't like it? Start a new board. Gonna lose sleep over it? Get a life! Start the Maserati of Switzerland board. We will ALL check in to see how you're doing. Ankommen ein Leben

·
Registered
835 Posts
Toffe said:
Doesn't matter how helpful or charming you are - wrong place to post ads.

I guess the people jumping in defence are all very happy to have their email boxes filled spam? "If you don't like it, just move on"

- Toffe
can't we all just get along...have you ever wonder why our email boxes are filled with spam? yes, it's a free service and without the commercial factor the service simply would not survive on its own. however, if everyone contribute to the membership subscription it would at least solve some of it. I believe Andrew accepts PAYPAL. Anyhow, you gain some you lose some. howcome no one jump all over that "spring group buy" thread or many other threads? well... let's just move on. if you find this or any other "commercial" threads informative, great! if not SKIP IT!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
This is the FIRST commercial post I have ever seen by Maserati of Minneapolis, a dealership that has contributed more to this forum and it's members then all the people in this thread whining COMBINED.

I'm not in the market for a Gransport and would have never hit the "Buying and Selling" tab, but after Taryn made this post, the idea got into my head that if I sell the Coupe I'll be getting a Gransport, had he never made this post I would have probably not considered purchasing a Gransport.

Is it wrong to post commercial ads in the forum? In my opinion no, as long as it's done moderately.

Whenever Eurotek ECU's were on a groupbuy that I put together for $1,695, how many of you would have seen that in the Buying & Selling tab? Probably none.

Whenever I ran HRE wheels on a HUGE discount last Christmas how many would have seen the thread and ordered some had I posted in the Buying and Selling tab and saved money? Probably none.

How many of you would have saved money on your Formula Dynamics springs had there not been a thread? Probably none.

How many of you would have gotten in on the groupbuy that Willie has made on the spoilers had he posted them in the Buying & Selling forum?

Where am I trying to go with this? When the sale works out to your benefit and saves you money, you think it's okay but God forbid it's something you can't take advantage of and it has no room here.

How often do I post a classified post? Maybe once every 2-3 months, for the money I pay to sponsor this site and do my best to offer advice and help to Maserati owners and potential future Maserati owners I feel that I've done nothing wrong and I will be making more classified posts in the future unless Andrew says I cannot.

We're a small group here and it's not like you have to go through hundreds of classified posts just to find any decent threads. A total of 3 on the first page are classified posts, that's not even 10% and to complain to the degree some of you are is whining at it's best.

Take what I said with a grain of salt, not trying to offend anybody just voicing my thoughts.

Best,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.