Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first post.

I'm in the U.K.

I'll receive my Gransport within 2 weeks. I have driven one!

My decision was to be either a 997 Carrera 2S or a Maser.

I never got to test the 997 because i was so impressed with the Gransport.

A good friend has a F360 F1 and I can best describe the Gransport as a 2+2 equivilant.

I have a trackday booked at Goodwood on the 9th November but it won't be here in time. :cry:

However I did ask Maserati if the car would require a running in period.

"No" was the answer. The engines are hand built, blueprinted and then run in on a dyno at 7400RPM for 25 minutes.

That is very reassuring ot here because I will be driving this car very hard indeed when it does arrive!

I'll keep you posted,

Regards,

J.P

·
Registered
8 Posts
The choice of colour schemes is a difficult one.

I too would have loved to have ordered a GS in white with blue.

However, the blue tech cloth is vile and cheap looking. The white might look great in pictures but in the real world I think it might be a different story.

I opted for a classic appearance. You cannot go wrong with silver and black. The silver accentuates the detailing of the body shape, and the black interior provides a good feel of quality. Its also easier to keep clean. :lol:

Regards,

J.P

·
Registered
8 Posts
Phil,

I think there will be a number of dissapointed Maserati customers who have opted for the blue interior.

The car I drove was the lovely dark blue. The car looked superb, until, that is, I opened the door!

I know the white/blue combo is historically correct. However, the blue they have used for the interior certainly is not.

Perhaps black leather/blue piping with the Fuji Pearl White. A subtle compromise?

I find out tomorrow if my car is here on Friday. It'll take a week to register etc before I can take delivery. So my wait is nearly over.

Going back to colours. My brother has an old 308GTbi which has just been restored. Silver with blue leather interior. It looks great. BUT. its a nice blue that looks right with the silver.

However, you might find that the Maser blue looks just right with the Fuji white and no other colour! :)

Has your dealer got any other cars coming in with different colours?

I've just read a review in EVO magazine that has a red Gransport with black interior/red piping. Looks very Ferrari!

The review was very good. They reckon that its "check mate" with the new 997 S. Better than a DB9 and sooo much better than a 645i or XKR.

I have yet to hear one bad thing about a Gransport! (well, apart from the blue interior :lol: )

Regards,

J.P

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.