Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
No US magazine has reviewed the car yet, so its still pretty much a secret except for the hardcore crowd like us. The positive is I wonder if 10K off sticker is a reality.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Besides the 3 or 4 european reviews, both Autoweek and Car and Driver (usa magazines) just had there previews out. Both are very positive on the car as expected. I'm waiting for a bad review on the Gransport and so far there hasn't been one. The only complaint is some think the interior fabric is too radical.

As far as Porsche guys go, all they have to do is drive the Maserati and they'll start thinking. I told my local dealer who just started there franchise, hire established Porsche salesman who have strong rolodexes of buyers, hold driving events and let the car do the talking. You don't have to sell any b.s., the car's combination of luxury and sportiveness and true undenying italian passion comes through.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
The latest order update on have on mine is 2 fold. Since I have first choice on two cars, the first one is Black Nero with black and dark gray interior, its coming in the end of Nov. I also have a 2nd choice of a Fuji White with Blu Metal fabric/Blue leather which is due in mid Jan.

I like how the blue interior looks in pictures, but I read from a few that they don't like it. I guess this is where personal taste comes into play, if your paying $100K, you my as well get what you want.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have about 60 web pictures of every color offered of the Gransport from various autoshows, dealerships, Maser events etc. and I really like just about any color.

Of the pictures I have of the blue interior, the studio shots look great, but the real world shots are not as good. I like the black with dark gray, but the one my dealer is getting in doesn't have the white piping it has the black piping so it will loose some of the effect. I think I like the blue interior because it fits with the traditional Maserati racing colors of today of white and blue. I just wish both cars were coming in at the same time so I could compare them side by side and make what I feel would be a clear cut decision. The black will really have to blow me away to pull the trigger otherwise I'll wait for the white. The black GS in the pictures I've seen and the regular coupes I've seen in person tend to loose the beautiful lines of the car. Plus all the extra air intakes kinda get lost in the black color, but they do show up nice in the white. I think if I could replace the order on the white, I would have changed the interior to black and dark gray. I guess I could get my deposit back and jump ship to another dealer, I doubt these car will be moving during the dead of winter. I think the moment a white and blue car comes in at any dealer within a short flight or drive of me in Ohio, I'll go see it and make my decision.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ugly, vile, disgusting, those words to describe the blue interior worry me big time. I guess if anything, it fits the mold sometimes of italian, exotic interiors. It just like the Stradale, there are some combos on that interior that I thought would look good, but they don't. Thats sort of the breaks when you're dealing with a rare, custom car. A lot times you're ordering something that you have no clue how its going to be until the car arrives. I sure hope a white/blue combo comes in soon at one of these dealers so I can see it in the flesh for myself.

I appreciate your guys feedback, I'm dealing with pictures and you guys have seen it up close, so it helps.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Have any of you seen the ball-polished rims in person? I didn't go for them on the black car I may get, but I did order them for the white car. My dealer said he would switch the rims if I wanted, of course thats assuming the black car will still be available when I take delivery of the white or vice versa.

I've seen them on the 90th Anniversary Spider in pictures and thought they looked good.

By the way Shelton Maserati in FL, just got a black one in, they haven't updated there website yet. Also another awesome review in Automobile magazine came out. They were surprised how strong this cars handling capabilities were!

Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just got word the Nero car I have first dibs on just reached Ferrari/Maserati headquarters in New Jersey. It won't be but a few short weeks now!! My patience might not be strong enough to wait for the Fuji white car :D :D :D

By the way, there is a beatiful Nero with light gray leather/light gray fabric combination on the Ron Tonkin dealer website.

Phil
8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.