Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got my:

Larini De-Cat Pipes Done, Springs, BMI Air filter, DBW, ECM and SS Brake Lines/pads Put in. :cool:

I have to give a big shoutout to Kent and Anthony at universal autosports!!
Thank you guys! You guys are the best!

Kent Woodworth from Universal Autosports in Glen Cove, N.Y. put in the work, thanks to Anthony Simone the Service manager. :D

I also have to thank Jeff from formula dynamics for helping me to pick out the right products! And thanks for all your support with my project Jeff!

Yeah, I got the 3 pc Savini's on there from Ace Dubs, looks better on my car, Just kidding :D

The de-cat pipes show MUCH better flow over the stock, not to mention the deleting of an unnecessary 2nd Cat converter. Hope that helps, it sounds a little louder, I"m told but not too loud. Gonna have to drive it to see.

Also the springs look much lower compared to stock, it'll be 100 miles or so before my car "learns" to drive with the new springs, I'm excited I thought the car handled great before the springs, but I'm told its even better.

Also did the brakes and pads, hoping to see how that feels once its done..

I'm still looking to get some tints done on it, any suggestions as to %% I should get?? Not sure on a red car, its my first RED car :D

I haven't got the car yet, but Kent sent me some pics over the weekend!

Rosso Mondiale, hopefully should be pushing out 445HP :D ha ha, maybe more like 430HP :cool: at the wheels, I can't wait to see how much of a beast I'm dealing with here. Great Job guys! Enjoy the pics, and let me know what you think.

I'm also installing the Altec automatic license plate folder, it goes on a remote control, 007 style- Kent is working on it, will try to put up some video once its done!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some more pics -

Here are some more pics, its rare to have 3 red ferrari/maserati lined up like that, haha. :)

I thought the pics were sweet, with the King maserati at the top of the food chain! he he... :D

You can see how crushed the pipes were, after seeing that, it set me off on a performance binge, damned things. I'm happy I did, though!

Well, I ended up maxing out the car to the best upgrades available upgrades, and thanks to all you guys for your posts and advice, it was really helpful. I like the rims, I put them on to give my stockers a break for a lil while. Enjoy. Thanks guys!

Any F360's wanna race me? I'm gonna smoke you!!!! :cool: Hahaha

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Agreed MSGTS, it really does look wicked...those rims are just bad ass on that car, the black and red look like a match made in heaven...bet you can't wait to get in that thing and GO!

Congrats.

HOT WHEELS!

S-

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow, what a shop! I'd love to walk around and check that out, much less have my servicing done there. If there is an F40, then they must know what they are doing. Looking GREAT!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
maseratisportgts, you have the same setup I have, decats + OEM GS muffler. I think you're going to be happy with it.

Your car looks great, red with black rims looks awesome!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Your car looks awesome! Congrats my friend! I agree with you- we've found the best combo with Jeff from FD and Kent and Anthony at UA. They are great guys and offer incredible products and service.

Let us know your driving impressions.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many HP do you think you're pushing?

maseratisportgts, you have the same setup I have, decats + OEM GS muffler. I think you're going to be happy with it.

Your car looks great, red with black rims looks awesome!
I can see why you wanted to go back, with the Tubi maybe it was too loud?

In regular mode its civlized, and in sport a little less civilized (exhaust note) I love the louder exhaust note, don't get me wrong, but I'm sure the Tubi was a bit much for some, I like having the free flow of the de-cat with the flaps of the OEM muffler to open or close the baffle at will. I will let you know how it goes once I pick my baby up!

How many HP are you pushing do you think with that setup?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks friend!

Your car looks awesome! Congrats my friend! I agree with you- we've found the best combo with Jeff from FD and Kent and Anthony at UA. They are great guys and offer incredible products and service.

Let us know your driving impressions.
Thanks Friend! Yes, we definitely did! They are a great combo, the best to deal with, they are the Premier Maserati Tuner shop/Tuner branded combo in the north east for sure! Can't wait to see how it comes out.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
How many HP are you pushing do you think with that setup?
I have no idea. Also have DBW, ECM and BMI air filter like you, so I'll wait until you dyno your car to find out! :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The shop that made my cat bypass had a dyno and asked if I wanted to do a before/after run, but I was already $3,400 into the annual service and decide that was enough expense for now.

But I will do it at some point. I also want to check what difference the cat bypass + Tubi would make in terms of sound and power compared to bypass + OEM mufflers.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hear you with the Annual service, sheesh.. thats the killer, ha ha... I would also like to do it, but don't know any good places in the new york area- Any ideas of tint percentage to recommend for my Rosso Mondiale car Anybody?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The darker you go the better is going to look. But you might have some problems with cops.

After I tinted my taillights I almost changed my windows tint to a darker shade, but I don't want to give the cops any reason to stop me...

A lot of people go darker on rear windows and lighter on front ones, but I don't know if it would look good on our cars.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am trying to figure out the same for my Rosso Mondial. My car came with a very dark rear window. I think I will go as dark as legally allowed on the sides and lighten the rear just a touch so there isn't such a contrast b/t side and rear. For the record, in the past few years, my Mercedes, BMW, Range Rover and Porsche all have had matching tints all the way around (way darker than legally allowed) and I've only been stopped twice (both times in NYC) for illegal tints. In NY, there are no points associated with the ticket, just a $30 fine. Well worth it for the look you want. I don't think we're necessarily more susceptible to being pulled over for b.s like tints... If you have other violations, it's a good reason for police to pull you over, otherwise, don't sweat it too much.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm not concerned about the ticket itself, but a reason for being stopped. You know the drill, you go to dinner, have a couple of glasses of wine and... you don't want to give them any reason to stop you. ;)

There's a saying about Santa Barbara: "Come on vacation, leave on probation."

·
Registered
45 Posts
Niteroi (as in "King of the Night" in French?)

How much did that custom de-cat cost you?

I took my Maserati to a good indy shop in Virginia (a shop approved by FD for installation btw) and they would not custom-fabricate such a bypass.

I'd love to see some pics of your custom job, and how it low it goes, etc.

Thanks,
GD

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I took my Maserati to a good indy shop in Virginia (a shop approved by FD for installation btw) and they would not custom-fabricate such a bypass.
Just curious - was it Curry's?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes it was.

They seem like good guys; they just didn't want to mess with fabrication.

Any ideas for such a job? And do you have a better place to get your Maserati serviced in this area? (I'm in Arlington.)

Thanks,
GD

1 - 20 of 38 Posts