Maserati Forum banner

Gransport update from Lime Rock event

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Formula1 
#1 ·
Well I wish I had a tremendous amount of "new" news, but I don't. Unfortunately, the Gransport wasn't there :( :( I spoke with just about everybody and most of what I heard wasn't anything new. Some of the things I haven't heard before are posted below:

-I initially heard about 30 cars for 2004, and 100 for 2005, the marketing rep said now it will be closer to 200 cars total and production may stretch into 2006. Whether thats 200 cars for North America or just for the States, I forgot to ask.

-Price heard was not $105,000 but $100,000. $105,000 sounds more realistic to me, given you can load up a coupe and reach $100,000 so you would think the would make the Gransport a little bit more than a loaded coupe.

-Get ready for the exhaust, it sounds better than the Stradale. :D :D :shock: :shock: :D :D

-Rims can be ordered in a polished finish similar to the ones on the Vintage model

-The marketing rep was very pleased with the seats and fabric dash. I guess you need to see and feel it in person, but the seats according to the Maserati rep are much more snug than the standard seats.

-Fuji white paint, its absolutely beautiful in person according to them, but if you ever got into accident, matching the paint might be an issue.

Sorry I don't have more, but there wasn't one guy there that wasn't genuinly excited about this car and after driving the standard coupe, I am too. :D

Phil
8)

See less See more
#2 ·
I spoke to the same group of people and heard very similar comments. The Miller guys expect their demo late August as do the Wide World guys. My delivery date (estimate) is 9/15, 6 weeks extra due to the fuji bianco paint! Well worth the wait!!!! I drove the coupes in the ride and drive and affirmed my love for the car. Everything I wish the coupe had more of is addressed in the g-sport; 1) more agressive exhaust, 2) more agressive styling, 3) sportier interior; 4) better handling. I am very excited about this car and with 300 slated to be made, I think value might not depretiate as much as the regualr coupes and spiders.

#3 ·
Too bad FORMULA 1 we didn't have a chance to talk, or maybe we did? Anyway I went out twice to drive coupe and spider at the 12 o'clock group and the 3 o'clock one on Friday. I'm sold on the car too. I like the Fuji too, but I think I'm leaning toward the Blu Meditterraeo with black leather with the lighter blue cloth inserts. My only other potential choice would be the carbon black. I saw the picture of the yellow one on the Maserati website and wasn't impressed. Are you going with the skyhook suspension? I forgot to ask if the two cars I drove had skyhook or not. I thought both cars drove great so if they had skyhook, I'm all for it. I have read some not so great reviews on skyhook in magazines so I may have to make a jaunt to my dealer to take them for a spin again.

Also, the one question I couldn't get an answer on is if the suspension on the Gransport is dramatically different from the coupe, meaning did you drive it and if so was it choppy over the bumps, unfortunately, none have them have driven it.

Phil
8)

#4 ·
I was there saturday. Drove once. All cars had skyhook. They skyhook is fantastic. Much better then the porsche system (2002 targa). I am getting the fuji white, black leather, black/silver high technique fabric, skyhook, park sensors, xenon, heated/memo seats, and installing after market sub/amp/tv/dvd from my porsche. The car is fantastic. They say the change in suspension from the coupe is similar to the change from the 360 to the stradale (not jarring at all - tighter but still smooth). the sound is wild. They fired it up for me when it was at rockefeller center. it sounds almost like tubi. more so when you push the sport button and driving from what I understand. the dealer says it is as loud as an enzo (suppossedly they fired it up at ferrari na in NJ and thats what the reps said). With only 300 cars being built, it could maintain some value (or should I say not depretiate as quickly as the regular coupes and spiders). This is effectively a coupe stradale. You should get it in the blue with the light grey inserts and dark grey leather. the blue is too much in my opinion. I saw it in person up close. too cheap looking. the darker colors liven it up. the black inserts look just like the black/silver on the mc12 from the website. check it out. pretty cool.

#5 ·
WOW! Your guys are making me think heavily about dropping the extra money on this one! The reason I switched from the 911 C4S to looking at the Maserati is because I can get a used 03 for the mid 60s or a new 911 for 95 or so. Now I am going back up in price. Maybe I will get the 03 coupe, and wait for a used g sport to come available in 05 or 06. Any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.