Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's an old question - but is there a definitive agreement on what is the best package to extract maximum performance from the Gransport? I want to use mine on the track, I'm getting semi-slick tires and I may adopt stiffer front anti-roll bars. And of course some extra horsepower could be useful! I'm sure that 440HP should be achievable without doing anything major?

Does anyone have experience / suggestions in this sense?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
So far what I've seen here is:

1-Performance ECU Chip
2-Less restrictive Air Filter
3-Less restrictive muffler (Larini, Tubi and etc)
4-High flow cats

Also helpful for track use:

5-Brake pads/SS lines
6-Stiffer/improved springs
7-Sway bar

You can find those parts at www.formuladynamics.com

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd add the Drive By Wire ECU chip ;)
Bigfoot, how does teh DBW and ECU chip feel? Is it significant in terms of performance? Did you install them yourself? Any issues with premature wear on an already weak transmission system?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ok so..

I'd add the Drive By Wire ECU chip ;)
Its clearly too early in the morning and I havent had my cup of coffee yet. I thought I read "I've added" instead of "I'd add" so, if my above post does not apply, please disregard! :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far what I've seen here is:

1-Performance ECU Chip
2-Less restrictive Air Filter
3-Less restrictive muffler (Larini, Tubi and etc)
4-High flow cats

5-Brake pads/SS lines
7-Sway bar

Excellent list. The only questions are:

1) Who makes the best chips? Eurotek (now sold by MVPEurosports)? I saw +20HP at the dyno with the Eurotek chip.

2) What about the muffler - I thought the original GS exhaust is already a Tubi. Or is there a more extreme variant for the end muffler? Does it become really "antisocial"?

3) High flow cats: will the car remain emissions-legal (I live in Illinois)?

Thanks
Andrea

·
Registered
744 Posts

5-Brake pads/SS lines

I find these are very suitable for street use as well. In the case of the springs, I did not notice any real degradation in ride quality except on very rough pavement but this is more than offset by the day and night improvement in handling performance. FD's pricing is very reasonable as well when compared against Modena Tec and other europoean aftermarket suppliers.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Excellent list. The only questions are:

1) Who makes the best chips? Eurotek (now sold by MVPEurosports)? I saw +20HP at the dyno with the Eurotek chip.

2) What about the muffler - I thought the original GS exhaust is already a Tubi. Or is there a more extreme variant for the end muffler? Does it become really "antisocial"?

3) High flow cats: will the car remain emissions-legal (I live in Illinois)?

Thanks
Andrea

1. I decided to get the chips from FormulaDynamics given the experience of others on the board and the professionalism displayed by Jeff throughout the process.

2. Part of the reason the GS has 10hp more than the Coupe is the muffler. So the relative increase in hp in installing the mufflers will be less for a GS compared to the Coupe. Not really a big deal though.

3. Here in Japan, my set up is not so when I have to do the two-yearly emissions test, I'll need to put back the old pipes, pass the test, and reinstall the aftermarket parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts