Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Almost time to replace the tyres on my 07 Gransport (P Zero's in 235/35-19 & 265/30-19) and was wondering if anyone has moved up to a slightly higher profile tyre.

I cant help but feel that a little more rubber would make the car a fair amount more comfotable around town.

So my question is:
1) Has anyone done it?
2) Does it interfere at all with the traction control or ABS system?
3) What tire size?
4) Does it rub at all?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Ross

·
Registered
722 Posts
There are a few threads on this. I went to 245/35 front, 275/30 rear (+10mm from stock) and have had no issues whatsoever. No rubbing, and traction control/ABS work the same as before.

The speedo now reads 73-74 mph at 75mph actual car speed. Turn-in is slightly less sharp, but the ride is better and I think the tires/rims will be much less susceptible to pothole blowouts.

Here is the thread with my pix:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3886&page=2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for that!!

Will definatey be changing to a minimum of 245/35 & 275/30.

Although Im very curious to see how the guys went with the 245/40, 275/35 combo..... I'd imagine the ride would be much improved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The main reason i ask this question is because I spent a large part of my weekend piloting a 612 Scaglietti.

Obviously the two cars share different suspension set ups, but i think the chunkier tires on the fezza play a significant role in the more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Changing subject...

RossiG- How was driving the 612? How do you compare it to the GranSport?

I think the 612 will be my GS' replacement...

·
Registered
284 Posts
New home page helps you promotion gifts explore more on the WebToday we're releasing an update to the Live Search home page yiwu market that received positive feedback from customers in trials last month. The new design features background images that will change frequently, augmented with what wow powerlevelwe call "hotspots."

Nice spam!! Hey Ali, can we get this, and this clowns other 2 posts removed?

Eric

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 612 is definately a longer and heavier car. No doubt about that!

The most notable differences are in the more comfy/compliant ride (which i think the tyres play a big role in) and also in the more refined feel of the gearbox. Its a truly beautiful car, with comfort and performance that you would never expect to come together in one package.

But for less than 1/2 the price, the GS delivers 90% of the thrill!

I'm really contemplating running 245/40 and 275/35 tyres. Think it will rub? The car sits about an inch lower than stock.

·
Registered
744 Posts
There are a few threads on this. I went to 245/35 front, 275/30 rear (+10mm from stock) and have had no issues whatsoever. No rubbing, and traction control/ABS work the same as before.

The speedo now reads 73-74 mph at 75mph actual car speed. Turn-in is slightly less sharp, but the ride is better and I think the tires/rims will be much less susceptible to pothole blowouts.

Here is the thread with my pix:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3886&page=2
Did you notice any change to the steering weight (e.g. more resistance on teh wheel when turning)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts