Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this switch panel on my GS and the previous owner changed the "sport" lettering to this S sticker thats been driving me crazy, and the window switches are loose. Does anyone know where I can get a spare? Eurospares, ScuderiaParts and others don't have them.

How much do these go for secondhand usually? I've only found one in the UK for 500 pounds and wanted to see if anyone has a spare lying around.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I can help you with that S switch. The window switches are loose because one of the pivots are broken. That can be fixed to but the broken piece needs to be located in the switch which it probably is

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great, would it also be transparent so that its backlit at night? Having that button with no light looks off and its whats bothering me the most.

The window switches aren't just loose, im able to completely take them off the panel with just my fingers.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Well you may be out of luck on repairing them. I would take the switch out carefully. Turn it upside down in a baggie to see if the broken piece falls out. Send me a pm and ill give you my number or email if you want,,,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you may be out of luck on repairing them. I would take the switch out carefully. Turn it upside down in a baggie to see if the broken piece falls out. Send me a pm and ill give you my number or email if you want,,,
I'll have a look into this soon, the switches and the window mechanism work fine but the cover for the switch is loose.
Window switches are the same as Ferrari F430 so easily available new and not that much.
Sport button can be restored I think
That's good to know, I thought the Murcielago had the same switches but they're just a similar shape. Also why is your panel mirrored from mine? I've seen that in a few cars but I couldn't figure out if RHD cars had a different button layout.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll have a look into this soon, the switches and the window mechanism work fine but the cover for the switch is loose.

That's good to know, I thought the Murcielago had the same switches but they're just a similar shape. Also why is your panel mirrored from mine? I've seen that in a few cars but I couldn't figure out if RHD cars had a different button layout.
hopefully you can repair the switch Without too much trouble.

as for the switches being mirrored I swapped them around when I had the panel out (heater matrix job ☹)
As it’s a UK car makes sense to have the start and sport button on the right / correct side.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hopefully you can repair the switch Without too much trouble.

as for the switches being mirrored I swapped them around when I had the panel out (heater matrix job ☹)
As it’s a UK car makes sense to have the start and sport button on the right / correct side.
Yeah I've heard the heater core is a massive issue, I think my car might have it too sadly, its AC was smelling sweet for a while but carpets aren't wet. I'm thinking of just doing it with the Saab aluminium unit as over here the AC is always taxed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The matrix isn't that bad, there is a great guide on the forum(s) which makes finding all the fixings easy, just take your time.

I also went for the Saab all aluminium heater core.

If you're in a hot climate just bypass the heater until you have the time to fix it properly, at least you can still enjoy the car without coolant leak worries - Craig Waterman has a guide on his website and it only takes 10-15 minutes to fit the bypass hose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The matrix isn't that bad, there is a great guide on the forum(s) which makes finding all the fixings easy, just take your time.

I also went for the Saab all aluminium heater core.

If you're in a hot climate just bypass the heater until you have the time to fix it properly, at least you can still enjoy the car without coolant leak worries - Craig Waterman has a guide on his website and it only takes 10-15 minutes to fit the bypass hose.
I'll look into it, there is a heater core/dash removal guide over here but it covers the regular 4200 not the GranSport, They're probably going to be extremely similar but the GS dash doesnt extend to the tunnel which might make it an easier job actually.

My cars got a lot of other issues that needs to be addressed... its a bit of a basket-case had I been in Europe or USA but over here you get no options sadly. At least my car has a lot of FD goodies, unbeknownst to me when I first got it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A lot of good answers here, didn't know that laser etching the graphics is possible, this is my switch panel which is just as bad. I get the impression that a prior owner has tried to fix the issue but did a poor job.
tunnel panel.jpeg

I've tried prying out the window switches like I was able to before, both are still very wobbly and the covers don't stay in their place, I think they become less stable when I keep using the power windows.

Since they're probably broken and the graphic is fading, and the F430 switches are easily available online for a reasonable price so I might just get those instead, the problem with these round buttons is that:
1) They're only available used and are rare.
2) What you get has a good chance of being sticky/faded.
3) They cost the same as refinishing it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Regarding the window switches, they have a pivot point on each side allowing the switch to rock. Those pivots break off - it’s very common. If the broken piece is still present (it’s usually stuck in the switch body) you can repair the switch with epoxy.

and yes, the Ferrari 430 switches are exactly the same. Note, sometimes new parts will arrive in the box sticky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts