Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Gransport LE. Well the wife is pregnant and is making me sell it. Looks like its a prius for me. ha, just kidding. (I'm not kidding)

But what does the LE designate? are there certain options that are part of the LE package? I know I have the shields on the fenders, are those LE only? I'd like to be able to explain it if someone calls and asks.

also, anyone know the value of a 2006 GS LE? I've checked some online used car value sites and none of them have it. KBB doesn't even list Maserati!!!

TIA!
-Mike

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a 2006 Gransport LE. Well the wife is pregnant and is making me sell it.
I am not sure which is less maintenance - the kid or the Maser!

The best I can do for you is this Cars.com link.

This page presumably lists the LE features and, by clicking on the Base Coupe link near the top and some brute force comparison, you should be able to tell you what the LE has that the base vehicle does not. Also note about a $6K premium for the LE; hopefully, you can get that majority of that premium on your sale.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Don't give up the maserati yet - I just got a coupe in part because I had a kid recently, and you can actually get a childseat in the backseat of the car! Seriously - I got rid of a couple of cars that a carseat couldn't be put in, and got the mas specifically because it was a fun car that the baby could come along in. Admittedly, you really don't want to use it as a daily driver with a kid - it is a pain to get the seat in the back - but if you have something else to drive on a daily basis when you're taking the baby around (at a minimum something with 4 doors... and the bigger (SUV) the better - getting the infant seats in and out is a pain without room) - you can keep the GS. I found a rear facing seat just barely fit in, but once he can ride in a forward facing seat (at 1 year), I think it will be pretty easy. If you search on this site there are a number of threads about people fitting childseats into their cars. For example:

http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1789&highlight=child+seat
http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860&highlight=child+seat
http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1543&highlight=child+seat

Oh, and if you can't talk her into it, I think the NADA site gives prices for maseratis. Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 Gransport Ltd Grigio alfieri, 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
106 Posts
Gs Le....

...(from memory) has red calipers, full leather interior (instead of the 'unique' brightex material) including full leather head lining, cruise control, black grill, heated seats, high intensity (xenon) lights with washer, rear parking sensors, and something else that I can't remember. Must say......the interior is gorgeous....swathes of leather......get's nearly as many comments as the exterior!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Odd, I have full leather interior(with piping),leather headliner, cruise, xenon w/washer. Just not red calipers, black grill, heated seats or parking. Is that due just to how mine was ordered by the 1st owner? It's like 1/2 of an LE hahaha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be interested in knowing the color of your car/interior and the asking price.

Steve
Its carbon black (nero carbono) with black leather interior. And the nice finishing touch is red piping all around the seats and the dash. Very nice!

Dealer says I should be able to get $80K, but I wont turn down any reasonable offer. The sooner I can get rid of it the sooner the wife will stop bugging me!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...(from memory) has red calipers, full leather interior (instead of the 'unique' brightex material) including full leather head lining, cruise control, black grill, heated seats, high intensity (xenon) lights with washer, rear parking sensors, and something else that I can't remember. Must say......the interior is gorgeous....swathes of leather......get's nearly as many comments as the exterior!
I have all of that but:

no black grill
no headlight washers.
no rear parking sensors

Oh and according to cars.com, the LE also has:

Skyhook suspension
Gas shocks
Carbon fiber dash and center console
Upgraded radio, amp and CD changer

Cars.com also says I have headlight washers, but if I do, I don't know how to spray them! anyone have a clue?

-M

·
Registered
173 Posts
When the headlights are on and you press the windshield washer function on the wiper stalk, the washers pop up and spray the headlight lenses.

·
Registered
2007 Gransport Ltd Grigio alfieri, 2009 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
106 Posts
I have all of that but:

no black grill
no headlight washers.
no rear parking sensors

Oh and according to cars.com, the LE also has:

Skyhook suspension
Gas shocks
Carbon fiber dash and center console
Upgraded radio, amp and CD changer

Cars.com also says I have headlight washers, but if I do, I don't know how to spray them! anyone have a clue?

-M
Sorry yes, Skyhook, carbon fibre everywhere but I'm not sure about gas shocks........I could take a look I guess but I'm too busy driving it! Not sure what the standard sound system is but mine is a Becker....I love that you ask it to skip to the next track on CD and it thinks about it first.

·
Registered
196 Posts
... the wife is pregnant and is making me sell it. ...
Buy her an odyssey. Seriously. I did for mine and it is truly a fabulous family vehicle. Three kids now, sisters, friends, grandma, stuff from the home depot and the ikea, it all goes in there. Vacation trips, store runs, name it, you can do it. Well, you can't pretend that you are a single rich dude chasing meow, but otherwise great. My wife hardly buggers me about my cars anymore, and mine are much worse than a nice Maserati ;-)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Sorry yes, Skyhook, carbon fibre everywhere but I'm not sure about gas shocks........I could take a look I guess but I'm too busy driving it! Not sure what the standard sound system is but mine is a Becker....I love that you ask it to skip to the next track on CD and it thinks about it first.
Imagine a Windows Vista based CD changer...... "Are you sure you want to change tracks?" Yes. "Are you sure your answer is yes" Yes. "Please restart your car for the new track to take effect"..... :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imagine a Windows Vista based CD changer...... "Are you sure you want to change tracks?" Yes. "Are you sure your answer is yes" Yes. "Please restart your car for the new track to take effect"..... :D
Do you know why computers have removable power supply cords (unlike toasters)? You can't use them in the olympic hammer throw! It's a shame really 'cos that's my standard threat to all none compliant hardware.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is so true. Worst radio ever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buy her an odyssey. Seriously. I did for mine and it is truly a fabulous family vehicle. Three kids now, sisters, friends, grandma, stuff from the home depot and the ikea, it all goes in there. Vacation trips, store runs, name it, you can do it. Well, you can't pretend that you are a single rich dude chasing meow, but otherwise great. My wife hardly buggers me about my cars anymore, and mine are much worse than a nice Maserati ;-)
I actaully just bought her an Audi A3 and she loves it. But she still wants the Maserati gone. its just not a practcal "dad" car. *sigh*, I guess she is right.

Meow chasing over. GAME OVER!!!!

BTW, here are some pics...

http://blackmaserati.shutterfly.com

·
Registered
528 Posts
LOL

Ron, you have got to give the newlywed a break.
In 15 years or so, he will learn to ignore her and do whatever he wants anyway.
(Just like the rest of us):D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Fred,
The thing is it was my wife that told me to post this. If he does not stand his ground now he my be driving a sub compact from now on.
Ron

1 - 20 of 24 Posts