Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I will be looking at a 06 & a 07 Gransport coupe shortly.

What things should I look out for ?

Any common or known issues ?

My thanks.
Not so much - but when you check for tire wear, look very carefully at the extreme inner edges of the tires, that's where they wear. The factory alignment specs use a lot of camber.

Were there any 07 Gransports? I thought they stopped at 06.

·
Super Moderator
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
227 Posts
I can't recall anyone mentioning an issue specific to the Gransport. There really isn't that much difference in the cars if you compare to same year. Different exhaust, center console, trim. That's about it. IMOHO, you do some of the Formula Dynamics upgrades (Drive by wire, springs, brake lines and exhaust) I don't think it matters which you start with. Some of Coupes have the sport seats. I definately wouldn't want to live without those. I liked the looks of the Coupe myself.
Anyone else have any more input for Boxer?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I can't recall anyone mentioning an issue specific to the Gransport. There really isn't that much difference in the cars if you compare to same year. Different exhaust, center console, trim. That's about it. IMOHO, you do some of the Formula Dynamics upgrades (Drive by wire, springs, brake lines and exhaust) I don't think it matters which you start with. Some of Coupes have the sport seats. I definately wouldn't want to live without those. I liked the looks of the Coupe myself.
Anyone else have any more input for Boxer?
Actually, are there any issues that have arisen as a consequence of the Formula Dynamics upgrades? I mean, is the ECU upgrade "safe" for the engine, or does the drive by wire cause premature transmission/clutch wear? Judging from the success of the FD mods I guess they are ok, but what is the owners' experience with upgraded cars?

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
We have a new Testimonials page on our website: http://www.formuladynamics.com. Of course I can also connect you with several long time customers if you're interested. Just email me if you're interested.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
I'm not sure if I received that.. try again or give me a call. We're going to switch over our hosting server as we seem to keep having problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts