Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

About to become a Maserati Gransport owner and looking into insurance. Was hoping some LA owners might have some advice as to who can give coverage. I have heard March which did have changed their policy somewhat and that Progressive was an option but not as good.

Having just come over from a 997 Porsche Carrera and wanted to move from German to Italian but that will depend on the insurance as the porsche ended in a write off.

Regards

Tim

·
Registered
329 Posts
Since my Maserati is not my daily driver and is part of a collection my suggestions may not be of value. Try Parish - Heacock, or Grundy - I have used both to insure my collector cars.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wawanesa insures my Coupe, and, in fact, for surprisingly little money (about $600 a year IIRC). However, the Coupe is my 3rd car and is listed as "pleasure" driving only.

·
Registered
722 Posts
All the usual big names should be able to insure it (Allstate, State Farm, etc). I use Amica, they have better customer satisfaction ratings and lower rates than the big 2.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Amica, Wawanesa, Travelers, Hartford, AIG are all good companies. You shouldnt have any problems or excessive rates insuring the maserati. Some of the cheapy companies that advertise on television alot may fight with you come claim time. As a matter of fact I think the S class model mercedes may be more expensive to insure. Several Companies give a 20% discount if you do the Home/Auto with them.

If you have a clean record, try an buy a 12 month policy. If you dont, buy a 6 month if one will fall off your record within that 6 month period.

The most important way to keep rates down is to always fight a ticket and take traffic school as your last resort. They will let you do traffic school in L.A. 2 times every 18months usually. Some judges even have golden deals they offer right before trial.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have AIG

switched to them couple of months ago. Premium is $1400/6 months for 3 cars(incl the GS).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Pretty much all the majors cover it. We are on GEICO and the premium is the within spitting distance of our FX45 and our 95 Alfa 164Q. An Elise on the other hand......

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm in Northern CA, but State Farm insures all my cars including the Maser, and didn't blink - even with 3 teenage sons.

Been with them forever and all cars on < 7500 miles a year helps.
Also have a $1500 deductible - alwas ask yourself if you had an accident for $X would you report it to the insurance and take the premium hit or just pay out of pocket. When you stop saying "I'd pay", set that as your deductible, It'll save a bunch.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I pay $1200 / 6 months for the Mas, but thats for 300k CSL coverage, which is the highest they offer. State Farm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts