1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

06 Gransport, aniv blue/tan full leather, 10k miles, for $50k
or
05 Gransport, pearl white/black & silver leather and fabric, 6.5k miles for $48k

I love blue, and most of my cars are blue, but the Gransport looks so gorgeous in pearl. I'm also attracted to the 06 because of warranty and resale.

In regards to the fabric vs. full leather, what does everybody think about this?

Thanks much,..

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'd go for the 2006 for sure. Just the warrabty itself is worth more than $2,000 difference. IMO

·
Registered
695 Posts
Generally I would go with the '06 for the warranty and the full leather interior, but the pearl white is gorgeous...

Anyone know what the option cost of Bianco Fuji was? I read once that it was a $8000 option on the QP and GT.

With regards to interior, when you clean the mesh inlay material, you have to wet the interior the entire area evenly to make it dry uniformly. Wetting a little area just won't dry evenly so looks terrible afterwards.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input,

I am probably going to go for the 06, I found out it was one of the last ones produced, the in-service date was July 07.

I'll pass on the gorgeous white paint for the 2+ years extra warranty.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Smart choice, chances are you're going to save a few thousand in repair during the next couple of years under warranty.

You'd never get back the $8,000 of the special color(Bianco Fuji) when selling the car anyway.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Smart choice, chances are you're going to save a few thousand in repair during the next couple of years under warranty.

You'd never get back the $8,000 of the special color(Bianco Fuji) when selling the car anyway.
True...but who cares about resale when these cars already dropped their value like an anvil and besides that Bianco Fuji looks HOT. IMHO not too many cars out there can pull off such a color like a Maserati not even a Lambo or Ferrari. Too bad it's not a Bianco Fuji MC Victory, otherwise I'd pulled the trigger already.

Just wondering how many GS owners here have had repairs done under their existing warranties...? Are dealers honestly honoring repairs as under warranties or are they likely to claim them as wear-n-tear issues and just let their customers eat the bills...?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
True...but who cares about resale when these cars already dropped their value like an anvil and besides that Bianco Fuji looks HOT. IMHO not too many cars out there can pull off such a color like a Maserati not even a Lambo or Ferrari. Too bad it's not a Bianco Fuji MC Victory, otherwise I'd pulled the trigger already.
I agree with you, I don't care about resale value either, I was just saying that I wouldn't choose the Bianco Fuji based on the fact that it cost $8,000.

Just wondering how many GS owners here have had repairs done under their existing warranties...? Are dealers honestly honoring repairs as under warranties or are they likely to claim them as wear-n-tear issues and just let their customers eat the bills...?
They do the repairs under warranty, but depending on the dealer you're dealing with, you'll have to fight for it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
for 2k difference, sure get the 06 :) Assuming both in similar good condition.

I love blue too, though after seeing fuji bianco, I have to say it's a notch above :)

Personally i prefer the fabric seats for they grip better :) Luckly the GS seat offers good support so I think they should be just fine even with full leather.

Jess

·
Registered
1 Posts
What are the primary differences between the gransport and the coupe (sorry, just learning)?

I see a different console. I presume lighter, higher state of tune, etc.

Can you get GPS console with the Gransport?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts