Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i believe this is my first post on this forum but i have been diligently reading posts about these beautiful cars. i am far away from thinking of purchasing a maserati gransport or any other vehicle for that matter. hopefully in a few years i will be able to purchase a used gransport, but i was wondering if someone with the navigation and sim card option can please post a picture of the sim card insert. it amazed me how they have this option and it was a first for me, but i just wanted to know what the member's take was and if so, please post a picture. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think its a screen but a stereo built in gps unit with arrows or something, i am not to sure how it works but i have read about the sim slot but i have never seen one in a picture.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm i still wasnt able to figure out where the sim card would go, does anyone on this forum have this option where they can maybe show it to me, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
660 Posts
hmm i still wasnt able to figure out where the sim card would go, does anyone on this forum have this option where they can maybe show it to me, thanks in advance!
You mean the SIM for the GSM phone? You have to open the glove box, pull-out the phone unit (which is velcro'ed to the inner liner) and the SIM slot will be immediately visible.

The NAV unit maps are loaded real-time from a disc which sits in the unit itself... so either you use the NAV function or you play a CD.

If you want to hear MP3 you have to take the front changer fascia, if I'm not wrong (have the manuals at home, will re-check later).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean the SIM for the GSM phone? You have to open the glove box, pull-out the phone unit (which is velcro'ed to the inner liner) and the SIM slot will be immediately visible.

The NAV unit maps are loaded real-time from a disc which sits in the unit itself... so either you use the NAV function or you play a CD.

If you want to hear MP3 you have to take the front changer fascia, if I'm not wrong (have the manuals at home, will re-check later).
great thanks so much troesma i wasnt aware that the SIM card goes in the glove box, thank you for clearing that up!

·
Registered
72 Posts
To be honest as it uses the 3200 Becker based single DIN system you'd be better off retro-fitting your own that has bluetooth capability.

Something like this

·
Registered
441 Posts
speaking of the nav cd's, does any GS owner in US has those? Mine didn't come with them.

As for MP3 playback while using Nav CD, easy, get a MMC card and put your MP3 music there. Simple solution.

Of course if you have CD changers, then that's not an issue.

Jess

·
Registered
30 Posts
Becker Traffic Pro 7945

Hi,

I have a Becker Traffic Pro 7945 retrofitted, because the original given for GS fried or something.
What they installed in it, at least i was told, is the original for more expensive Ferraris.
The SIM card slot is behind the small controlling unit which can be removed ( theft guard ). It houses a 2GB Navteq Microdrive with the navsoft and an SD/MMC slot plus the GSM slot too.
The new one is soooo much better than the orig...

It's late now, but tomorrow I'll take some pictures from mine, if you're interested.

Attila

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,

I have a Becker Traffic Pro 7945 retrofitted, because the original given for GS fried or something.
What they installed in it, at least i was told, is the original for more expensive Ferraris.
The SIM card slot is behind the small controlling unit which can be removed ( theft guard ). It houses a 2GB Navteq Microdrive with the navsoft and an SD/MMC slot plus the GSM slot too.
The new one is soooo much better than the orig...

It's late now, but tomorrow I'll take some pictures from mine, if you're interested.

Attila
hey there, thank you for explaining. if you do have time tomorrow or any other day i would greatly appreciate the pictures, thanks and take care.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Becker Cascade Pro 7941

Sorry for not posting when i said i would, but in the meantime i crashed my poor baby, so i'm furious now :mad: . Even more so that i was the stupid party in the case.

BTW, i made two mistakes:
The upgrade was the Becker Cascade Pro 7941. Not Traffic.
Secondly the Nav is on a CF card and not a Microdrive.

Strangely my Nikon couldn't handle the up-close shots :confused: , so when my Maser is repaired, I'll post again with a diff. camera.

cascadepro.jpg

slotsgsmcfandmmc.jpg

cfcardandremovepanel.jpg

And the crashed baby :mad:
front right...
sorry for a minor hijack...
masercrashfront.jpg

maserback.jpg

maserinside.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey i hope you are okay from your accident. i am really sorry about that. thanks for the pictures and take care!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts