Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am planning on purchasing a 05/06 Gransport and i am so glad i found this forum. There is a lot of helpful info here.
I really like the Coupe but being in LA whenever is see a convertible, i get attracted towards the coupe.

Other than the obvious cost, looks etc, can you please share your thoughts on the differences between the two..performance, problems/issues, etc.

Thanks for you help

·
Registered
279 Posts
I did test driven a spyder GS before... but if you ask me I think the shape of the coupe is much much nicer (my humble but honest opinion... :rolleyes:).

On a practical point, if you need the back seats, you will need the coupe.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
futrmgownr said:
Hello everyone,
I am planning on purchasing a 05/06 Gransport and i am so glad i found this forum. There is a lot of helpful info here.
I really like the Coupe but being in LA whenever is see a convertible, i get attracted towards the coupe.

Other than the obvious cost, looks etc, can you please share your thoughts on the differences between the two..performance, problems/issues, etc.

Thanks for you help
i can say, only if you need a convertible, go for a spyder.

there is no performance advantage for the spyder, except for the wind in your hair.

the coupe is stiffer and handles better. it feels more precise. plus you got extra seats in the back if you need them.

if you search the forum you will find the top can be expensive out of warranty.

here's my anniversary blue spyder and the twin GS LE. sorry about the slight perspective errors. i didnt intend to snap this picture but it happens both cars were there.

note the difference in the caliper paint, wheel, ride height (!?) and front headlight paint color.

i like the GS but i cannot say it looks much better. if anything it look just as good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts