Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking at a used 2004 GS with abt 12,000km on the clock.

Pls comment and advise me on what to look out for during the visual inspection and drive of the car.

Anyone experience certain parts in the GS that wears out easily/quickly that I have to take note?

On another note, GS owners pls comment on the pros & cons of the car during your ownership. (Pls include build quality ie. rattling sound & overall satisfaction)

Advise much appreciated

·
Registered
431 Posts
get it inspected by Ferrari/maserati mechanic - especially the clutch wear. Try and get warranty and keys, stereo code and key code and full service history. Go for the right colour combo.
good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
get it inspected by Ferrari/maserati mechanic - especially the clutch wear. Try and get warranty and keys, stereo code and key code and full service history. Go for the right colour combo.
good luck!

Thanks for your advise!

Looking at a Bianco Fuji with the blue interior.

Just wondering if there is any flaws in the GS to look out for?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The car was build in 2004 but registered in 2005. Its still an 04!
seeing this, may i ask which country are you in?

at least in the US (and many parts of the world for many manufacturers) the model year of the car can be different than the actual production date.
(ex MY 2008 BMW 5 series are already out.... even M5's.. this is global i think.)

yes certain countries emphasize on the first registration date. but, it is counterproductive if not confusing to designate a car by the manufacture date alone. manufacturers updates the car with new parts, etc and hence new Model Year.

and you use km...

wait... i did remember seeing a few 2004 Gransports... but those are not made by Maserati but by BBR, and in 1:43. =P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts