Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone:

Looking for some feedback or past experiences.

My 05 Blu Mediterrano GranSport, witch I picked up last week, feels funny everytime I do a ful stop.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As I start to run again the brakes are still engaged, ones they release no more problems untill the next full stop.

It makes no diferrence if you drive the car for 5 minutes or 5 hours nor the temperature.

I even stoped in a slope and the car did not move for maybe 10 sec. then it went backwards.:mad::mad::mad:

My first thought is to bleed the system, But before I do that I will spray all calipers with brake cleaner and get most of the dirt out. :confused::confused:

Any ideas or has this happen to anyone.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Not sure what the problem is but do note that the GranSport has a "hill-holder" function, so if you depress the brake pedal twice or more, it engages and your brakes stay locked for a few seconds after releasing the pedal.

I think it also kicks in if you slightly lift your foot off the pedal and depress it again, so I did engage the hill-holder without really wanting to.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That's probably what it is. It can be annoying sometimes...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hello Everyone:

Looking for some feedback or past experiences.

My 05 Blu Mediterrano GranSport, witch I picked up last week, feels funny everytime I do a ful stop.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As I start to run again the brakes are still engaged, ones they release no more problems untill the next full stop.

It makes no diferrence if you drive the car for 5 minutes or 5 hours nor the temperature.

I even stoped in a slope and the car did not move for maybe 10 sec. then it went backwards.:mad::mad::mad:

My first thought is to bleed the system, But before I do that I will spray all calipers with brake cleaner and get most of the dirt out. :confused::confused:

Any ideas or has this happen to anyone.

Thanks in advance.
Due to the nature of your F1 system your ABS module comes with a feature known as "Hill Hold" so you dont roll back if you happen to come to a stop up hills,, in your vehicle it apears to be working, maybe alittle to aggressive.hope this helps any more question let me know at [email protected]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all of you.

My other current experience with the F1 system is on my Ferrari F355 :cool::cool: and it works competely differrent to what you are expressing.

I could be activating the system without knowing it. :rolleyes:

I will drive with this in mind and see how it reacts.

Again thaks to all, very helpfull.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Mine has hill-assist but it only engages when i'm on an incline (facing downwards or upwards doesn't matter). When i lift my foot from the brake, it keeps the pressure on the brakes for a few seconds more.

BUT

it doesn't happen when i'm not in an incline! Maybe your car always thinks that its on an incline and needs servicing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Something is wrong with your "hill-hold".
The feature should only operate when the car detects it is sitting on an incline (hence the name of the feature!), and is stopped.
This should keep the brake engaged for a moment (maybe 2seconds?) after you let-off the pedal - to allow you time to get on the power without rollling downhill and without having to jump on the throttle. As soon a you hit the power it releases.

If it is holding on for 10 seconds then there is a problem.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Mine enganges on very slight inclines though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Mine enganges on very slight inclines though.
ANY incline should trigger it as it is designed to stop the car rolling backwards and forcing you to jump on the throttle. Especially useful on steeper inclines.

Wonder how it knows you are stopped on an incline?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last night took the car out and paid attention to all the aspects of how the system works.

Definitely now understand everything. It is a great function, but still is a little annoying.

In case anyone is interested, this link takes you to a short video of the car http://qik.com/video/1087426

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
EVB - love the color of your GS.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, having it detailed and polish tomorrow.

The you that does the job is a freak, obsesive to perfection, so when he is done it will be a differrent car...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hill Hold and Ingnorance...

I am amazed that you have posted a question related to a feature that is covered in great detail in the owners manual. I really wish people would at the very least read the owners manual once before posting a question to the group and wasting everyones time. If I remember correctly the car has an inclinometer and actually measures the angle of the hill and decides whether you need hill hold or not. This only applies to later model cars, my 2002 does not have this feature but my 2004 and 2006 does. I do not recall anything said about pressing the brake two times....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the ignorance remark.:rolleyes:

I usually read the whole manual the day I buy a car, unfortunatelly it took longer to do so.

Yes, you are right about reading the book, but I thought this forums were created to help people in general, I thought the people involve here had the best intention of sharing their knowledge; at least that is what I would do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts