Maserati Forum banner

Gransport 07 clock

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  RDroz 
#1 ·
Hi I have a 2007 gs and have noticed that the clock is losing time. It still works however it loses about 5 mins every hour. It is a standard chrome clock. Does anyone know if you can adjust the accuracy in some way. This I feel has occurred due to parking for 2 days in 30 c while travelling, I unfortunately had no cover for the car with me .
Is there adjustment at the rear of the clock or do I just find a new one.
Any help would be appreciated.
The light still works in it.

#6 ·
I garage my '05 Spyder in New York and frequently have winter temperatures around 15 degrees fahrenheit. My clock stays on time. I suspect yours has gotten dirty or more likely the gear lubricant applied by the factory has hardened to some extent causing the slow down. Have not taken the clock out of the Maser, but you might be able to remove it, open the casing and lightly spray some degreaser. Then apply a lightweight lubricant to the gear movement. I have tried that successfully on some old clocks I have restored to normal function. If it doesn't work, it's new clock time anyway so you haven't ruined anything in the attempt.

#9 ·
For those who are interested I managed to buy another clock from member Mike Davis of Penent Motor’s ! Thanks Mike,
I ,for the life of me couldn’t work out how to remove the clock without hours of work.
Long story short, I removed the two central air vents on either side of my 2006/7; dash board.ialso removed the top of dash vent so I could get a mirror on a stick down there.
I could see that the clock is held in by 2 metal clips that when the clock is pushed in click into place. I thought it would be simple to just get my fingers in through the vents and press down on the top clip and up on the bottom clip and that they would move easily and the clock would come out... not so. I tried all sorts of tools but couldn’t get the leverage so after some thought I put 4 fingers in the left vent 4 in the right vent pushed really hard on the back of the clock and what do you know the clips yielded bent back on themselves and the clock came out.
I undid the back of the new clock. Straightened the bent clips, installed them in the new clock , pressed it back in and the clips sprung back into place and all is good with the world.
No dash removal nothing broken and had I known it would have been a 20 minute or less job.
Clock now works perfectly and whilst the top vent and two central vents are out I will de stickyfy them.
Happy days
I will post a photo or two

#12 ·
My clock loses time as well. I assume you bought a new clock as the likelihood of fixing the existing one was nil?

Looking at your pictures, there doesn't seem to be much to work on.

(You'd think a company that wants to sell watches would put a better clock in their cars!)

#13 ·
I too have a slow clock. Was fine til s few months ago. Looses about an hour a week.

Is it possible to open our clocks to clean/degrease inside.

I’m afraid to ruin those clips. Do the AC vents on each side just pop out?

Thoughts very welcomed.

Curtis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
My clock has run fast since 2004. It gains about one minute a month. How do you make a quartz clock that runs fast?

I looked into replacing it, but my offer to buy a replacement for $50 from the parting out guy was rejected. Now that I see the photos, adjusting the clock occasionally looks like the better solution for me.

#16 ·
Definitely not worth it. Adjusting my clock has just become part of my weekly pre-flight when I take my car out, it's not a big deal, and is now second nature.

#18 ·
I have a clock problem. 2006 GranSport Spyder CC. Clock in center dash. Garage stored in Florida.

My clock is very fast. Gains about 40 minutes per hour. That seems almost impossibly fast, but I have checked a couple times. So far I see that there is no way of correcting the time keeping.

Suggestions other than ignoring it ?

#20 ·
The cause of my original clock problem was having the car locked up on a 32c day in the sun. I couldn’t do much to protect it as we were at the beach with no big trees and no shade. I think something plastic in the clock must have warped as going up from say 6.30 to 7.00 it was slow and going down from 7.00 to 7.30 was way too fast ie like 20 mins to fast.
The clock will actually stay in the dash without the clips as it is a tight fit anyway. I managed to get the clips back in place but wasn’t really worried if I couldn’t.

#23 ·
Does anybody have access to a wiring diagram for the clock itself? Where it gets power from and where it grounds out?

I've noticed with mine that it keeps close time when parked, but almost stops dead when driving with lights on. I'm wondering if there is a voltage issue (as Campipilot suggests above). It might go a long way to explain why some are fast, others slow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.