Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am done for the year.... No work until 2008!!!!

So I checked the weather and a drive from LA to the Grand Canyon (this Friday 12/28) is on my "to-do" list.

If anyone in the western region has insight to weather in AZ, please chime in. The weather chanel predicts snow on Saturday, but Friday seems clear.

My plan is starting early about 6:30 AM and heading to Williams, AZ - Hwy 64 to the rim for pic's and lunch and then heading home before the weather gets bad. Should be home just after the dinner hour.

And of course, I'm taking the Maserati

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All this . . . and 19 MPG

Just wanted to share some pics of the drive.

The first pic has two white cars in front of the Maser. The lead white car is an Arizona State Trooper - holding traffic at 85 MPH. The other pics are just to share the drive.

The Maserati performed flawlessly..... I did experiment a little to find the most comfortable speed for the car (using the cruise control) my Maser was running best from 3500 to about 3800 RPM. The speeds were 85-95 MPH.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Niiice

Sounds like you had a great time. How much did you have to pay the trooper to hold traffic at 85mph? Those open roads look like a dream....

Thanks for sharing and have a great 2008!:D

·
Registered
835 Posts
it sure looks like he had fun.

let's get together if you guys are available at the end of this month.

vroom vroom :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Maser Meeting

Sounds great... It has been way too long. Maby a drive starting in the orchards of Moorpark and take the back way to Ojai. It is a beautiful drive.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts