Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, newbie here.

I was about to pull the trigger on a nice 2003 360 Spider with manual trans then the Maserati name came up again so found a few 2010/11 GranCabrio for about 5-10% more on the price.

Now, the car will be kept in UK with occasional holiday drives to EU or within UK. We do a fair bit of shopping which neither car offers a lot of boot space but for that hairdresser exotic, we can compromise :D the advantage is Maserati offfers extra rear room for luagges or the kids but reviews have said it's a little slouch. I've only test drove the GT 4.2 & 4.7S which the latter is a far better car. I've never owned a Maserati but has several F, L & Ps so thought the M could be a nice alternative.

I thought the 360 has depreciated a fair bit plus the manual trans will be fun for spirited driving while it can also enter some Ferrari tribute events like the Mille Miglia, Targa Florio etc where the Maserati falls short.

Now, for those who's own either or both. I'd like to hear your experience or opinions with either cars please. Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
mille miglia

cheers mate- i don't get it... how can a 360 get invited to run in the mille miglia... i have been trying to get into that race for a few yrs and have a potential future place, but its been heavy lifting.

i don't know if you can compare those 2 cars... they are just so different.

plus the age. cam belts... chain dry sump wet sump, list goes on on on. they are built for 2 completely different purpose.

give u this though, they are both sweet! so is a rolls and a brough superior

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate. There's a Tribute series where modern post '57 Ferraris are invited to do exactly the same route & 90% of the time trials. I've done it in 2010 & 11 with my other Ferrari.

Unfortunately, Maserati & no other marques pull the same string.

I figured that the 360 has more or less bottomed & manual means it'll be fun plus simpler on maintenance so shortlisred that or the Maranello.

Anyway, most of the UK dealers with the Grancabrio except Owen who called me(but sold), none others are interested to sell the car so I've actually moved on to look at Azure, another tank! So, looks like my affinity with Maserati is not sealed again.

I've had a Corniche before & that Brough would've been real sweet to collect ^_^

·
Registered
59 Posts
pirelli formula classic

was unaware of the "tribute mille" sounds like a good time. How about the formula classic. i had spoken to a participant that had/has good experience with it. if you ever get stateside i would highly endorse the:

http://www.cavallino.com/PDF-CavallinoClassic/2014-Forms/2014-CCSchedule.pdf

I used to be associated with GVA and Knight Frank... UK based real estate service providers, the auto enthusiast group was quite smitten with the 550. 575. 12cyl. for them. i like the 360 and have a lot of seat time street/challenge. they made 430 with stick. i added a Mas spider a few yrs back 4.2 stick. great fun on the cheap. $75% less than 360 they have both bottomed although the US f1 360's are still on there way down
manuals are holding steading and exceptional examples have risen a bit.

Cheers,

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts