Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE HELP!!!

I had my Grancabrio MC Sport stored away for the winter without a trickle charger.

I went to charge the battery but because its soooo flat, it wont let me open the boot to access the battery.

I tried the emergency cable pull under the left hand side back seat, but that does nothing however hard I pull it, so I cannot get to the battery to try and charge it up.

Questions:

1. Can you jump start the GranCabrio from the engine bay.
2. Can you access the boot (trunk) any other way without using a crow bar on it?
3. Can you recharge the battery via the cigarette lighter?
4. Can you help me someone, please???!!!

Thanks,

Jes (UK)

·
Registered
682 Posts
1 - yes. passenger side engine beauty cover off, under there's a maybe 12"x8" box. take its cover off and under is a heavy gauge red wire (your +). ground to frame/block.

2 - it's been said that it helps to have someone push down on the trunk while you pull the cable. maybe wiggle it up and down too. short of that, a dealer will drill a hole in the trunk. better might be to apply power via the aforementioned method and try the electric lock again (make sure you lock and unlock the key twice so the locks reset after power failure).

3 - maybe, though you'll have to put the key in run to engage that outlet. even then, I'm not sure the relay works like that. never tried with a dead battery. better is probably to charge it via #1 , or like I said, even better just to use that to get power to the electronic trunk lock.

4 - sure

ps. might have better luck in the GranTurismo forum instead of DIY

·
Registered
144 Posts
QP & GT have a physical key lock above the license plate, where you can insert a key. You have to bend over and look up to see it. I am not sure if Gran Cabrio has this, but if so, it will solve the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts