Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so my Gran turismo should be sailing into US shores in 2-3weeks so time to start planning for upgrades...

I wanted to get you guy's opinions. I wanted to make a few changes and have on several occations contemplated just scraping the order and placing an order for the GTS but after a little thought I figure I could get 'closer' to that performance at a fraction (which will be 30 grad over base + markup) of the price plus not have to wait another 6 months by going with the mods that Formula Dynamics offers.

I wanted to know for those who have installed it on thier GT's how much of a actual performance upgrade you are getting. 0-60 times? 1/4 mile? Even a estimated % of improvement in feelings would help.

Also I thinking about completely changing out the Nav and putting in the a touch screen navi that would take care or real time traffic updates, ipod connection and bluetooth. The units i was looking at were

Alpine IVA-W505
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=IVA-W505

or

Pioneer AVIC-Z3
http://pioneerusa.com/PUSA/Products/Navigation/In-Dash/AVIC-Z3

These were the 2 best systems I found (any other suggestions?). Anyone know of any good audio installers in SoCal (or Nevada) who could do this and do a good 'clean' job? I'd really like to see pictures of installs if any of you have any.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
---Also I thinking about completely changing out the Nav and putting in the a touch screen navi that would take care or real time traffic updates, ipod connection and bluetooth.

Not a good idea.

search this section under nav, nav upgrades, etc.

I do not have the original link here on the topic.

There was a very clever`car stereo installer who had a way of putting a better nav and screen over ethe OEM to retian all those OEM functions.

This is the link to the installer's site: http://www.advancedaudiodesigns.com

·
Registered
119 Posts
Taking the radio out is not such a good idea but you can definatley intergrate a new touch panel over the factory screen. It is quite a bit of work though. We did a few QP's with the Kenwood system. We turned the factory screen in to a touch panel and added a new improved Nav, bluetooth, XM, cd changer, amplifiers and speakers.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Taking the radio out is not such a good idea but you can definatley intergrate a new touch panel over the factory screen. It is quite a bit of work though. We did a few QP's with the Kenwood system. We turned the factory screen in to a touch panel and added a new improved Nav, bluetooth, XM, cd changer, amplifiers and speakers.
That's what I am talkin' about.

This guy is a wizard eventhough he's from Massachusetts!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's what I am talkin' about.

This guy is a wizard eventhough he's from Massachusetts!!!
Damn Bostonian's.:rolleyes:

It only costs a couple grand to ship a car, and in the long run sometimes its worth it when clients are spending big dollars so it gets done right first time. We ship cars quite frequently from Cali and Phoenix area. We actually have one on the way from Phoenix and one on the way from Florida next week.

If he needs a reccomendation I have the the guy in South Cali, he is one of the best I have ever seen. I talk to him on the regular so if anyone needs some kick ass work in Cali let me know. The only problem we both have is you might need to wait a while.

Here is a quick pick of the Maserati Intergration but not fully put back together. If you look closely you can see how we extended the buttons off the Kenwood screen with micro switches and built them in around the SIM card panel for the factory phone.Now you can still use all the buton features that the Kenwood offers after the Kenwood screen is tucked away.

Also is a pic of the back up camera we build into the license plate frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts