Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any firm plans to update the Gran Turismo with the 4.7 engine mated to the conventional automatic transmission, updated suspension and the new Brembo brakes as fone recently on the Quattroporte?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You wouldnt want the automotive transmission with that car... It is set up for performance... and already has the F1 system...

Putting in an automatic transmission would be impractical and horribly expensive...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I suspect the new 4.7 litre engine will be eventually mated to the full automatic ZF box in the GT as has been done with the QP, but not until the next model year at the earliest, more likey 2 years. Just my feelings, nothing concrete.

I have spoken to an owner of a new GT-S who just swapped from a GT and he has confirmed that whilst the sound is awesome, he prefers the drive and smoothness of the ZF autobox in the 4.2.

So i think when the 4.7 and ZF are eventually mated it can only mean more sales success for Maserati.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Let's see if the GT-S is going to stay in production, because if it does Maserati will have to come up with something more powerful for it to differentiate from the normal GT. But if if the GT-S is a one-time deal, then I'm sure the next GT will have the 4.7 engine.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Let's see if the GT-S is going to stay in production, because if it does Maserati will have to come up with something more powerful for it to differentiate from the normal GT. But if if the GT-S is a one-time deal, then I'm sure the next GT will have the 4.7 engine.
Theyve already stated the GT-S is a one year production run for 2009.

"Designed for a very particular clientele, it will be produced in very limited numbers and will be sold for one model year only. "

1 - 8 of 8 Posts