Maserati Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
251 Posts
I know it's not the best scenario, but just bring the tires/rims to them loose...they should put whatever size tire you want on them no questions asked...
His first suggestion was I could take the tires with me and get them mounted somewhere else. Not sure 4 tires would fit in the GT. I'm not sure I could fit all 4 in my other car. Probably could but might have to put one or two in the seats. I fit four wheels in the trunk but without tires.

I do need to get it up in the air for an oil change though.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Hell, they barely fit in my X5, some big tires/wheels...so I usually do the front and the rear separately.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
303 Posts
lol yup...I have a Dodge van for that duty, and Beer Keg hauling 🍺 fits nice in the rear stow-n-go cubby :cool:

Reactions: timado404

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Well bro, early flight in the a.m., talk at cha later. (y)

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Yup, peace out, be safe!

Reactions: timado404

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
251 Posts
Hell, they barely fit in my X5, some big tires/wheels...so I usually do the front and the rear separately.
If it comes down to that I guess that's what I'll do. Pretty sure the guys at Discount tire will figure something out but we'll see. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just purchased some Atturo AZ850 for the rear of my car to replace the dead PS4S. Going to be very interesting as these are a lot cheaper and I didn't find the PS4S that great for where I drive.

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
251 Posts
Well here we go again. Something kept bothering me about the conversation I'd had with the tire guy when I ordered them the other day. Looked at the receipt and he screwed it all up. He had 245/35 fronts and 315/30 rears but he also ordered the regular 4S not the AS 4. So they'd be the regular summer tires not the all season. It's kind of a weird naming convention Michelin used on these tires.

So called them today and straightened it out. Now have 255/35 and 305/35 on the way. This really shouldn't be this hard but these guy are usually pretty good. I wondered why the prices he was showing me were so much higher too, the summer tires are more expensive. He matched the Costco price but he was matching summer tire prices to all season tires.

The saga continues but this time they say the tires should all be here by next week some time. We'll see. :) It's a damned good thing I don't actually NEED these tires.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I never take my prized vehicles to the dealer. Wheels only in back of SUV. Also great time to wash, clean, polish, SiO2 etc......remove adhesive from old weights!!
I went with Falken Azenis FK510 295/35R20 rears. Difference is neglible. I see 305's coming in another 10-12K. 255/35's will go on up front. These were the MC sizes at one point.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I never take my prized vehicles to the dealer. Wheels only in back of SUV. Also great time to wash, clean, polish, SiO2 etc......remove adhesive from old weights!!
I went with Falken Azenis FK510 295/35R20 rears. Difference is neglible. I see 305's coming in another 10-12K. 255/35's will go on up front. These were the MC sizes at one point.
I'm loving the 305's!

Reactions: Jdubbya

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,887 Posts
305's
Michelin Pilot Sport All-Seaon 4's
I‘m thinking I may go with the all-seasons next ( not that California climate really demands that ) but there is no way I’ll ever push this car to the performance levels where I’d get the most out of the ultra / summer 4S ones which I have on it now, so if there’s a substantial savings between the two types , and the A-S has better tread wear ( although the summer ones wear really well considering my driving is almost entirely highway ) it’s a “might as well” decision .. :unsure:.

Whaddaya think ? :oops:

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I‘m thinking I may go with the all-seasons next ( not that California climate really demands that ) but there is no way I’ll ever push this car to the performance levels where I’d get the most out of the ultra / summer 4S ones which I have on it now, so if there’s a substantial savings between the two types , and the A-S has better tread wear ( although the summer ones wear really well considering my driving is almost entirely highway ) it’s a “might as well” decision .. :unsure:.

Whaddaya think ? :oops:
I would go for it. You give up nothing with the All-Season's. But you might gain even better tire mileage.

Reactions: DSGT

·
Registered
2008 Maserati Granturismo 4.2
148 Posts
I went Bridgestone Potenzas all seasons for everything but winter, which I swap out for Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4’s.

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
251 Posts
Well my tire saga continues. Guess I shouldn't have tried going wider with my car lowered and with spacers. Both front and rear are rubbing. Gonna try taking out the spacers and see what happens.

To boot... I bought new Huf TPMS sensors and they aren't scanning in properly.

I'm just not having very good luck with this little trip. The good news is these guys at least were able to get the car in the air and the tires changed. :)

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Well my tire saga continues. Guess I shouldn't have tried going wider with my car lowered and with spacers. Both front and rear are rubbing. Gonna try taking out the spacers and see what happens.

To boot... I bought new Huf TPMS sensors and they aren't scanning in properly.

I'm just not having very good luck with this little trip. The good news is these guys at least were able to get the car in the air and the tires changed. :)
Damn, Jdub, sorry to hear that... :(

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Yep, hope your luck turns around...let us know the fixes!

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
251 Posts
They took the spacers out and all is good. Drove the long way home and so far so good. With the Chinese tires that were on it this thing would get pretty squirrely under hard acceleration. Now it's nice and stable.

Ride is maybe a touch better with a little more sidewall. Not as much tramlining either.

So for those who's cars are lowered with spacers. Ya can't go wider than 245 front 285 rear. :)

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Good to know, thanks Jdub - Glad it worked out for you. (y)

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
251 Posts
Oh, and the new Huf TPMS sensors that I bought don't seem to work either. I had 'em put 'em in anyway, I've lived without that system working since I owned the car so not a big deal. Looks like decent weather here this weekend so will try to see if I can get them to re-calibrate on a longer drive, the manual says something about moving for 20 minutes or more. Who knows, could be the module too. :unsure:

41 - 60 of 69 Posts