Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CRV
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! So I'm just about to purchase the GT MC I've been looking at for over a month now. I had it inspected by a 3rd party Maserati Dealer and it passed, the only 2 things they mentioned were to have the brake fluids flushed and to have the rear tires changed. I'm super new to all of this, can I buy just 2 tires or do I have to get all 4? Do you guys recommend any brands or places I should get the tires? I'm assuming any mechanic can have the brake fluids flushed so I wasn't too concerned about that...
Thanks as always for your help! I definitely would not have been able to make this purchase without all of your guys' input and suggestions!

6,185 Posts
You can do just two..The brand would depend on what is on it now...I would just have a European car place flush the brake fluid and not the local luber guber place...They just mess cars up with kids working on them...Jason

·
Registered
Honda CRV
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can do just two..The brand would depend on what is on it now...I would just have a European car place flush the brake fluid and not the local luber guber place...They just mess cars up with kids working on them...Jason
Oh okay that makes a lot of sense! I might actually just go back to the place that inspected my car and have them do that for me. They also recommended getting winter tires since I'm in Illinois. Any suggestions for brand of winter tires?

6,185 Posts
Honestly, I would buy a beater Jeep or something and not drive a car like that in the snow and salt...I'm in Atlanta we don't even know what snow tires are down here... :giggle: Jason

Reactions: ChrisNLBC

·
Registered
Honda CRV
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, I would buy a beater Jeep or something and not drive a car like that in the snow and salt...I'm in Atlanta we don't even know what snow tires are down here... :giggle: Jason
I do have a CRV I'll probably drive on the really bad days. But I sadly don't have a garage so that sucks. Also I'm just getting the car next week so I'm probably not going to be able to resist the urge to drive it a bit haha

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I have both, great tires.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Tread

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
256 Posts
If you really want true winter tires you absolutely can't go wrong with bridgestone Bizzak's. Not sure I'd even try to drive the GT in the snow though, it gets squirrelly enough in the rain. :)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
If you really want true winter tires you absolutely can't go wrong with bridgestone Bizzak's. Not sure I'd even try to drive the GT in the snow though, it gets squirrelly enough in the rain. :)
Since I've put the 305's on the rear, that squirrelly feeling in the rain has disappeared.

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
256 Posts
Since I've put the 305's on the rear, that squirrelly feeling in the rain has disappeared.
Good to hear. I didn't get to order the tires for mine before the savings deal went away but it's back now. But now they say the tires are on back-order.

Went to Costco though and got the same set without the discount and just ordered 'em. $1,500 all in for all four. Went with 255 front and 305 rear in the Pilot Sport-AS 4. Should do well. Looks like it'll be a couple weeks before they get in and I can get 'em installed.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Good to hear. I didn't get to order the tires for mine before the savings deal went away but it's back now. But now they say the tires are on back-order.

Went to Costco though and got the same set without the discount and just ordered 'em. $1,500 all in for all four. Went with 255 front and 305 rear in the Pilot Sport-AS 4. Should do well. Looks like it'll be a couple weeks before they get in and I can get 'em installed.
I think you'll really like the 305's.

·
Registered
2016 Gran Turismo Sport
34 Posts
Jason, do you still advise on Maseratis? I’m on my third one, having had a 2006 4200 Coupe and a 2014 GTS before my current 2016 GTS convertible…. I just live one state over in northern Alabama….. nothing needed at this time, just wondering…. Cheers!

6,185 Posts
Yes, we still work on them..Never stopped....we have several customers from Alabama...J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys! So I'm just about to purchase the GT MC I've been looking at for over a month now. I had it inspected by a 3rd party Maserati Dealer and it passed, the only 2 things they mentioned were to have the brake fluids flushed and to have the rear tires changed. I'm super new to all of this, can I buy just 2 tires or do I have to get all 4? Do you guys recommend any brands or places I should get the tires? I'm assuming any mechanic can have the brake fluids flushed so I wasn't too concerned about that...
Thanks as always for your help! I definitely would not have been able to make this purchase without all of your guys' input and suggestions!
I purchased Bridgestones for the rear of my 2010 QP/S from Discount Tire, and am very pleased with them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I buy my tires exclusively from Tire Rack. I use my Maserati as my daily drive car. Why else would I have it. I spend more time in the car than just about anywhere else. In any case, I've tried several brands from Tire Rack that are less expensive than OEM's, Michelin's, etc. I did an experiment just to see how long they last. I found that the lower brands mostly did as well or better than the upper brands, so for years now, I have been using the Falken Azensis, which used to be$160 per tire but are now double the price. I've also had great experience with their customer service as I've had several tires that needed replacing for road hazard punctures. It was easy and without difficulty. Plus their tires arrive the next day. I am a big fan and supporter of tire rack. My Pirellis lasted for 1 year and cost almost $600 per tire to replace. That became an unaffordable insane cost. The Azensis lasts a little longer and cost less. I'd recommend doing your due diligence. You don't need the best tires. I live in California so don't need to worry about snow and ice, by the way,

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I buy my tires exclusively from Tire Rack. I use my Maserati as my daily drive car. Why else would I have it. I spend more time in the car than just about anywhere else. In any case, I've tried several brands from Tire Rack that are less expensive than OEM's, Michelin's, etc. I did an experiment just to see how long they last. I found that the lower brands mostly did as well or better than the upper brands, so for years now, I have been using the Falken Azensis, which used to be$160 per tire but are now double the price. I've also had great experience with their customer service as I've had several tires that needed replacing for road hazard punctures. It was easy and without difficulty. Plus their tires arrive the next day. I am a big fan and supporter of tire rack. My Pirellis lasted for 1 year and cost almost $600 per tire to replace. That became an unaffordable insane cost. The Azensis lasts a little longer and cost less. I'd recommend doing your due diligence. You don't need the best tires. I live in California so don't need to worry about snow and ice, by the way,
A good Summer tire is all you need, I would imagine. (y)

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,890 Posts
Wait, what ?! Pirellis are $ 600 per tire ( in our stock sizes ..or even one size up ..) ?! 😲. Holy crap, that’s insane.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
3,890 Posts
I haven’t bought tires in over two years now, and just looked at the cost of the tires I have on the GT ( The Michelin PS 4 S ) - wow, they’ve gone up in price by almost $ 100 / tire since then ! :oops: I guess just one more affect of the global supply chain issues, inflation, etc... 😔

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
256 Posts
I haven’t bought tires in over two years now, and just looked at the cost of the tires I have on the GT ( The Michelin PS 4 S ) - wow, they’ve gone up in price by almost $ 100 / tire since then ! :oops: I guess just one more affect of the global supply chain issues, inflation, etc... 😔
I just ordered a full set with 255 fronts and 305 rears and all in it's $1,500 at Costco. For some reason the 305's are about $100 more each than 295's so they could be a bit cheaper for straight stock sizes.

Edit: sorry should have said mine are the All season variety.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts