Maserati Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, before I get flamed, Im working on the videos still. I recorded a good deal of sound clips, but theres a lot of just sitting at idle. Also, I need to reduce the video quality so it is a bit more web friendly. I will post these on the site below once ready, and follow up on this thread.

I have a GT S on order, #3 at the dealer. Going with Girgio Alfieri, and blacked out interiror, alu-tex, full Alcantara with grey stitching.

Im in contact with Novitec, and plan to do a full Tridente GT S once the parts become available.

For now, enjoy these picts I took at my dealer, where they had the GT S on display for one day only:cool:

http://www.GranTurismoS.net/

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congratulations, I'm on the fence myself on pulling the trigger. Too many cars, not enough garage space. My CLK63 Black Series would have to go and I fear (know) the performance letdown if I swap, but I really want an Italian again in my garage. Plus the sound on this car is like having an Alfa 8C for half the price.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I forgot to ask, what have you heard from your dealer about getting the skyhook or not? It seems all the press cars had the standard agressive setup, but some complianed it didn't fit the character of the car, since its not an all out sports car.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a CLS im contimplating on parting with or keeping once the GT S arrives myself. Not enough space, and hard enough to choose what to drive on nice days, with 2 cars as it is;)

My dealer hasnt really swayed me either way on the Skyhook. My hopes is that there may be a lowering module if the suspension is electronically controlled, I plan to lower the car, and the modules have worked great for me on my other vehicles. id rather not swap any physcial suspension components if possible. So at this point im going with Skyhook. Im waiting for Novitec to get back to me on what they suggest as well...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
adam76 -

Whats the delivery date/price your dealer mentioned?

Thanks!
no firm pricing yet. he said november will be the first delivery, very slight chance of late october. i put my "nice" cars away for the winter, so im having them delay delivery until after the new year. no need to pay insurance, storage and let it deprciate. this way i have time to get all my mods ready and painted before hand ;)

im getting a GT S test drive in early august...getting this car is like slow torture!

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
I have a CLS im contimplating on parting with or keeping once the GT S arrives myself. Not enough space, and hard enough to choose what to drive on nice days, with 2 cars as it is;)

My dealer hasnt really swayed me either way on the Skyhook. My hopes is that there may be a lowering module if the suspension is electronically controlled, I plan to lower the car, and the modules have worked great for me on my other vehicles. id rather not swap any physcial suspension components if possible. So at this point im going with Skyhook. Im waiting for Novitec to get back to me on what they suggest as well...
We do offer a sport lowering package for the GranTourismo which I'm fairly certain will also be compatible with the new GT S version.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We do offer a sport lowering package for the GranTourismo which I'm fairly certain will also be compatible with the new GT S version.
hi,

would this be swapping springs, or is there an electronic lowering module? im not too familar with Skyhook.

thanks!

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Those would be springs, there will not be an electronic lowering module available. The dampening is magnetically controlled but not the ride height.

hi,

would this be swapping springs, or is there an electronic lowering module? im not too familar with Skyhook.

thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts