Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have a clue to when the 4.7 L engine w/ 450 hp will be available for the GT

also, when and if alcantara lining will be an option for the GT???

i'm on the list, but may wait a little to see if i can get the upgraded options...but when?

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
From what I've read there is no official news on it yet. I think most people made the logical conclusion that the GT (and possibly QP) will have the 4.7l engine that Maser itself built for the Alfa Romeo 8c at some point but no one really seem to know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've seen in the German magazine "auto, motor und sport" a calendar with the new cars in 08 and there the presentation of the 4.7 GT was announced for spring/summer 08.
Bert

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I've seen in the German magazine "auto, motor und sport" a calendar with the new cars in 08 and there the presentation of the 4.7 GT was announced for spring/summer 08.
Bert
someone please find this calendar and post a picture of this...

·
Registered
357 Posts
It says that Cambiocorsa lets you shift gears effortlessly, like Michael Schumacher. Wow, is that all there is to it? :D

One has to wonder why Maserati can't seem to make up their mind about transmissions. It seems obvious to me that a sedan should have an automatic option (as in 'with a torque converter') and a coupe or spyder should have a manual/cambio option. I don't see why Maserati keeps insisting it must be the same across the full line of cars. Maybe they're finally about to get it right.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Because sales of the QP jumped 40% based upon a transmission change. The majority of these buyers were new to the Maserati brand.

Maserati wasn't about to change this "magic" formula wrt to the GT. Hopefully, they will produce a "Sport" version that has really is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello, everyone... A new member considering getting a GT soon...:)

Thanks, CC7894, for the calendar. The Calendar says the 4.7 GT will be introduced in March next year, which is much earlier than others have predicted. As M! said, the current GT owners and those who have already placed their orders would not be happy at all.

Anyway, I would definitely wait for the 4.7. However, since there is no official (?) word from Maserati, I'm not sure whether I should wait at all...:confused:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
for sure this will not be a 2008 Model Year car. if anything it will be a 2009.

if you carefully look at the recent maserati marketing and product planning, any new iterations or new models get introduced at an international show (frankfurt, geneva, etc etc) and the production is minimum *6 months* away.

i.e. if you see an official announcement of a 4.7L GT or QP at the next prominent show, you will order it 6 months or so later.

that calender could be misleading:
aston martin, for instance, announced the DBS and N400 a couple of months ago, and the calender says march 2008 (delivery...).

there is no way maserati will be delivering a 4.7L GT for march 2008.

·
Registered
7 Posts
GranTurismo MC8???

Just came across an article that talks about a performance version of GT. (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/automotive/newmodels/35516/) It says:

"This initial version of Maserati's new GranTurismo will be joined late next year by a 4.7-liter, 470hp performance edition, possibly with a competition-inspired body by Zagato. That car will feature the rear-mounted “F1 gearbox” on which the Quattroporte has depended until now.

Maserati is keen to launch a performance line, similar to Jaguar's R-brand and BMW's M division cars, and possibly using the MC initials (for “Maserati Corse”) it already uses on the highly successful mid-engined MC12 GT racer. The GranTurismo “MC8” could be the car it uses to launch that brand."

Wouldn't this be great if true? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
that article was from feb 07 autocar. supposedly they are not very accurate.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just talked with my dealer, the 4.7 that comes out will be with the F1 gearbox, well that's a different concept of car, even if the 4.7 was out i still would go for the one i have now (maybe that is just talk to let me feel better)

·
Registered
7 Posts
even if the 4.7 was out i still would go for the one i have now (maybe that is just talk to let me feel better)
Don't give me wrong, MaseratiBE, you SHOULD feel great for owning one. I think the current GT is a wonderful car as is. I saw it in person and drove it even though very briefly (yeah, one of those nasty dealers...), and came very, very close to ordering one myself. I've also seen the pictures of your new baby, and trust me, I'm green with envy.

However, knowing (and, of course, hoping) that there is a strong (?) possibility that Maser would make a new version of GT soon and me being a person who prefers a sportier version of everything when it comes to automobiles, I have no choice but to wait. Which is, to say the least, painful...;) Also, I am not an early adopter like yourself.

So, how does it really feel? Many people have complained about its power-to-weight ratio. Some have even called it "sluggish" at times. What do you really think? I would love to hear an opinion of a real GT owner like yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New 4.7 Litre GT debuting at Geneva March 2008

I've had this confirmed from a Maserati dealer, car is due out 3rd quarter 2008, possibly slightly earlier. Has anyone seen any pics of this more sporty GT?
Thanks

Don't give me wrong, MaseratiBE, you SHOULD feel great for owning one. I think the current GT is a wonderful car as is. I saw it in person and drove it even though very briefly (yeah, one of those nasty dealers...), and came very, very close to ordering one myself. I've also seen the pictures of your new baby, and trust me, I'm green with envy.

However, knowing (and, of course, hoping) that there is a strong (?) possibility that Maser would make a new version of GT soon and me being a person who prefers a sportier version of everything when it comes to automobiles, I have no choice but to wait. Which is, to say the least, painful...;) Also, I am not an early adopter like yourself.

So, how does it really feel? Many people have complained about its power-to-weight ratio. Some have even called it "sluggish" at times. What do you really think? I would love to hear an opinion of a real GT owner like yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
they will present the new GRANTURISMO S, at geneva. V8, 4.7 l and 440 BHP, and cambiocorsa transmission.

SPORT AUTO, french edition.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts