Maserati Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys!
Part 1: So I'm looking at a 2015 MC right now. I love the car, it's a beautiful red and overall looks really nice. However, the hood is customized so it is just carbon fiber. I personally think it looks a little tacky since it isn't the same color as the rest of the car. Do you guys have any idea roughly how much it would cost to get it changed back to match the rest of the car? Like is this a few hundred bucks or more like thousands of dollars?
Part 2: I was originally looking at a 2016 MC, but this 2015 is local and much cheaper. Are there any major differences from 2015 to 2016 for the MC in regards to design or reliability?
Thanks for all of your help already, you guys have really helped me with the buying process!

is it a MC or special edition? Mine is the 100th anniversary edition and a carbon hood though painted my Maserati to match the car. The one next to mine that I didn't But was all yellow with a black carbon hood another special edition.

You can get it painted but I would as about the model ect as you could ruin the value some by painting and if you decide paint the carbon original hood. That will help keep value.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys!
Part 1: So I'm looking at a 2015 MC right now. I love the car, it's a beautiful red and overall looks really nice. However, the hood is customized so it is just carbon fiber. I personally think it looks a little tacky since it isn't the same color as the rest of the car. Do you guys have any idea roughly how much it would cost to get it changed back to match the rest of the car? Like is this a few hundred bucks or more like thousands of dollars?
Part 2: I was originally looking at a 2016 MC, but this 2015 is local and much cheaper. Are there any major differences from 2015 to 2016 for the MC in regards to design or reliability?
Thanks for all of your help already, you guys have really helped me with the buying process!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Carson I have a 2015 Gran Cabrio MC and yes like you I love my car check out a site called AliExpress I’m sure you will find what you need and more.I think the carbon fibre one was around $1500 good luck on your search Terrance from Australia
I'm guessing to get as close to a perfect paint match, that carbon fiber hood has to go. Which obviously means you need to purchase an original hood, then have it painted. I'm thinking more like in the thousands, not hundreds of dollars. Even if the carbon fiber hood can be sanded and painted, it's still going to surpass the hundreds of dollars mark.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can almost guarantee if you post your paint code someone will gladly trade you straight up IF it’s legitimately a carbon hood. (Wich fits 08-19) lol

Hi guys!

·
Registered
47 Posts
OMG... this is priceless! you don't touch a centennial masi... this is actually a special edition MC... that's the way it was intended to look like... if this is not for you is like getting rid of the handles and swapping the interior to wood instead of the carbon fiber because it may be a little tacky....
This vehicle is not for the normal Joe.
Hey this is just my opinion and probably at least a third of the Masi lovers

·
Registered
3 Posts
OMG... this is priceless! you don't touch a centennial masi... this is actually a special edition MC... that's the way it was intended to look like... if this is not for you is like getting rid of the handles and swapping the interior to wood instead of the carbon fiber because it may be a little tacky....
This vehicle is not for the normal Joe.
Hey this is just my opinion and probably at least a third of the Masi lovers
You are correct

21 - 27 of 27 Posts