Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2017 Gran Turismo base CPO with 10,000 miles. One owner, sold from a Maserati dealer. They are asking around 81k. It seems a little high but it is warrantied till August 2023. Any thoughts? Thank you!

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
501 Posts
They are undoubtedly charging the premium for a dealer CPO car. Run the carfax and see its owner and service history, then check your local market for price comparison.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I forgot to mention, it's a convertible
Ah so it’s a GranCabrio

they’re charging for the CPO cuz that costs them.

so factory warranty expires 2021
CPO would extend it to 2023

if you’re financing, CPO can a 1.9 APR
I’m assuming this is the Naperville one?

you can get a 2017 CPO w/20k miles for 75k, and since the CPO has unlimited mileage, for my money I’d get the 2017 with slightly higher miles cuz it’s warranty is actually good for longer. And it’s 5k less.
GranTurismos are pretty soft, ask them if they’d walk the deal over 5k? I doubt it.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,475 Posts
I am looking at a 2017 Gran Turismo base CPO with 10,000 miles. One owner, sold from a Maserati dealer. They are asking around 81k. It seems a little high but it is warrantied till August 2023. Any thoughts? Thank you!

What a rip off! I bought my 2018 GT-S convertible with only 6K miles several months ago for only $75K. The 2018's have the newer infotainment system, as well as newer front and rear bumpers.

If you're looking at a 2017, it's worth it to skip to a 2018 model and get all the updates. The GT's from 2013-2017 are all virtually identical, so it makes no sense to spend the extra money for a 2017 when a 2013 is literally almost half the price.

Also, CPO's aren't worth it. According to another GT owner here who got it (I think it was jw38), Maserati doesn't cover anything remotely related to wear-and-tear.

Reactions: Groshyubcha

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
What a rip off! I bought my 2018 GT-S convertible with only 6K miles several months ago for only $75K. The 2018's have the newer infotainment system, as well as newer front and rear bumpers.

If you're looking at a 2017, it's worth it to skip to a 2018 model and get all the updates. The GT's from 2013-2017 are all virtually identical, so it makes no sense to spend the extra money for a 2017 when a 2013 is literally almost half the price.

Also, CPO's aren't worth it. According to another GT owner here who got it (I think it was jw38), Maserati doesn't cover anything remotely related to wear-and-tear.
You are correct about the Maserati CPO program. It's not worth the paper it's printed on. Ask the dealer for the CPO program booklet and you'll see what it covers and what it doesn't cover. The "not covered" list is 3 times as long as the "covered" items. By the way, the certification process is an absolute joke, as it's up to the selling dealership to certify the car. In essence, the dealership can certify a car that was totalled and rebuilt. That allows them to tack on another $3000 or more to the price of the car because it's "certified". Save your money and have a PPI done on a non-certified car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2016 GranTurismo Sport with 11,250 miles. I am the second owner and found that I can't own a Maserati now because I don't have the ability to put in on a battery tender in the summer while I am not in FL. I have added Apple AuCar Play and Crystal Ceramic Coating and I will be pricing it for $71,000 so the price you mention seems high.

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
501 Posts
I have a 2016 GranTurismo Sport with 11,250 miles. I am the second owner and found that I can't own a Maserati now because I don't have the ability to put in on a battery tender in the summer while I am not in FL. I have added Apple AuCar Play and Crystal Ceramic Coating and I will be pricing it for $71,000 so the price you mention seems high.
Why don't you have the ability?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone have any opinions of Fidelity Insurance for an extended warranty? Any other companies worth looking at?

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Why don't you have the ability?
I was wondering about that as well....

There were a couple of other posts here about cars which are parked too far away from any electrical outlets ; solar trickle chargers work very well, but of course , the charger has to be exposed to daylight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a 2015 with 25k miles for $53k

You’d be paying $28k for 15k fewer miles and the new infotainment system and climate controls

Seems about $5k too high to me but then again how many more opportunities will there be to own a 4.7 Litre V-8 in the next few years?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will sell you my 2014 Gran Turisimo convertible with less than 18,000 miles on it. Looks & runs like new. Black with white interior. Let’s talk! Bob Mayes 440-781-4234

·
Registered
2013 GTC MC
501 Posts
Lol, I'll sell you my 2013 MC convertible Nero Carbonero black metallic, bianco preciato white perforated leather interior. 38k miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts