Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow whats up with that price depreciation? Coupe fine i can understand it became obsolete when the GS came out, what i cant get around is why online there are 2005 2006 Gran sports selling for only 40k, that car should still be at least 75k+ is something buggy with that car or what? how does a car with 2000 miles drop almost 90k in 2 years? QP's are still retaining their value but i never liked 2+2 cars, id rather get a ferrari 456 over the quattroporte anyday whats up with the GS/Coupe?

·
5,887 Posts
Wow whats up with that price depreciation? Coupe fine i can understand it became obsolete when the GS came out, what i cant get around is why online there are 2005 2006 Gran sports selling for only 40k, that car should still be at least 75k+ is something buggy with that car or what? how does a car with 2000 miles drop almost 90k in 2 years? QP's are still retaining their value but i never liked 2+2 cars, id rather get a ferrari 456 over the quattroporte anyday whats up with the GS/Coupe?
Where can you find a clean GS for $40K????????????

The cheapest '05 GS I could find on Cars.com was $53K and even that was a manu buyback.

Also, keep in mind, those $70K Ferrari 456s sold for $250K back in the day.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know i was going to save up for a 456 i still like it but for 40k a GS is way more worth it, i can drive it and when im ready trade it in for 39k and get a 456. autotrader.com has like 3 GS's for 40-50k they all have like...very low mileage seen some that has 2-5k miles

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=
and i just looked on the biggest used car site in the world...ill prolly get a better deal from a dealer near me, with a trade in

·
5,887 Posts
yeah i know i was going to save up for a 456 i still like it but for 40k a GS is way more worth it, i can drive it and when im ready trade it in for 39k and get a 456. autotrader.com has like 3 GS's for 40-50k they all have like...very low mileage seen some that has 2-5k miles

and i just looked on the biggest used car site in the world...ill prolly get a better deal from a dealer near me, with a trade in
Check again. There are only 2 GS cars listed (both at independents) for under $50K in the link you provided...

'06 GS with 9,000 miles @ $42,250 - accident damage and salvage title
'05 GS with 23,500 miles @ $44,900 - manu buyback and off colors (blue interior)

Out of the 22 listings, 18 of them were listed for more than $60K. These two "unique" cars for under $50K do not represent the market.

In many ways, used Maseratis are just like used Ferraris. There are no "cheap" cars. The "cheap" ones have stories or need quite a bit of work.

Don't compare a Maserati GS to a Ferrari 456. While they both seat 4 people, the similarities end there. The Maserati is a modern 8 cyl GT car with a good bit of sport mixed in. The 456 is a dated 12 cyl GT with tons of torque but sport ability is just not there. There is nothing wrong with the 456, just comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check again. There are only 2 GS cars listed (both at independents) for under $50K in the link you provided...

'06 GS with 9,000 miles @ $42,250 - accident damage and salvage title
'05 GS with 23,500 miles @ $44,900 - manu buyback and off colors (blue interior)

Out of the 22 listings, 18 of them were listed for more than $60K. These two "unique" cars for under $50K do not represent the market.

In my ways, used Maseratis are just like used Ferraris. There are no "cheap" cars. The "cheap" ones have stories or need quite a bit of work.

Don't compare a Maserati GS to a Ferrari 456. While they both seat 4 people, the similarities end there. The Maserati is a modern 8 cyl GT car with a good bit of sport mixed in. The 456 is a dated 12 cyl GT with tons of torque but sport ability is just not there. There is nothing wrong with the 456, just comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.
+1 to what you said.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i suppose your right, so nvm coupe for 30k, GS for 55. anyways in the 60k range i would rather the 456m. and im not comparing a 456 to a GS. the 456m is initially what im trying to invest in, whist the GS just sparked my interest because of how terrible the resell value was.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you decide to get a 456, do your homework as there are many issues with this car. If a compression test indicates a concern, forget the car - bronze valve guides used in this car resulted in problems for about 1 in 5 cars and costs $20K to fix.

·
Registered
695 Posts
well i suppose your right, so nvm coupe for 30k, GS for 55. anyways in the 60k range i would rather the 456m. and im not comparing a 456 to a GS. the 456m is initially what im trying to invest in, whist the GS just sparked my interest because of how terrible the resell value was.
A 456M in the 60's?? O dear Lord, I'll loan you the 55 cents to buy the bullet, so you can put yourself out of your misery early. :)

Last non-wrecked, good compression 456M that I checked out that was asking $60Kish had a really good story. A stereo installer did a mis-wiring. The complete wiring harness from dashboard to engine burned. After 10K spent for engine computer and harnesses, the car would move under its own power.. Figured another 10K/15K to get the dash components to work. I passed.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just did a little internet search and I did find a number of GS at and below 70K. One was at a Ferrari dealership with 12K miles, asking 63K.

And on the 456: I was seriously considering this car, fabulous looks, V-12, its a Ferrari, lots of torque .... But on the other side, 4 generations old, lots of issues with this car - got to do your homework, stock GT handles better, those Ferrari maintenance costs, and for God sakes Ferrari didn't even put bolsters on the 456 seats - what does that tell you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts